Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,781  
Maintenance cost money. Money that has to be obtained by rate increases. People curse and throw things over rate increases.
No rate increase necessary. The funds were there before they were diverted for stupid things such as Net Metering.

And certain "environmentalists" thought clearing of underbrush was "bad".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,782  
It is a "death spiral" for the utility because rolling blackouts will not reduce the need for preventative maintenance or clearing underbrush.

However, it seems to make sense to the geniuses who prevent the utility from performing necessary maintenance.
And it wasn't even rolling blackouts in the traditional sense due to lack of capacity... it literally was pulling the plug or flipping the switch off saying no way now PGE can be in anyway culpable should another fire happen.

They have a point but the rule of unintended consequences kicked in... water utilities scramble to find back up power for pumping stations, cell towers went dead but not land lines... point of sale credit cards stopped, gasoline could no longer be dispensed, etc...

Hospitals and fire houses have generators but we could not start surgery on back up power so it did impact patients...

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,783  
PGE is investor owned and not a non profit.
But the heavy hand of the California PSC effectively runs PG&E. Funds for line maintenance were denied in favor of "greener" projects the PSC Board deemed more important.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,784  
No rate increase necessary. The funds were there before they were diverted for stupid things such as Net Metering.

And certain "environmentalists" thought clearing of underbrush was "bad".
It is true lawsuits against the utility for reducing fuel load and tree removal became another expense of doing business...

Trees are sacred and so much so I had to get a then $220 permit to take out a planted backyard walnut tree that was dropping branches...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,785  
But the heavy hand of the California PSC effectively runs PG&E. Funds for line maintenance were denied in favor of "greener" projects the PSC Board deemed more important.
PUC?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,787  
That's funny .......because it hasn't been very apparent. ;)
Projecting, are we? Citation required. Example, please?

I am the one who said I was a few pounds over the rated load. Then @DarkBlack posted the rating. I replied, "yes I can read and do math". What part do you not understand about how that meant I had researched and read the specs for my original reply? Unlike many here I do a lot of research and not just CNN, MSNBC, Vox, Facebook, etc.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,789  
Wonder what this means to the fleet of new hydrogen fuel cell city buses...?
Either a surplus of hydrogen fuel to purchase needed fuel from, or having to replace the engines with diesel engines.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,790  
Either a surplus of hydrogen fuel to purchase needed fuel from, or having to replace the engines with diesel engines.

25 million grant hot the ball rolling… with the follow up to expansion being generous grants…