Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,981  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,982  
I read an article this AM that said EV pollute more than ICE vehicles based upon more tire and brake component wear vs tailpipe emissions. Google it.

MORE Brake component wear on an EV? Well I seriously doubt it.

At least with most Tesla's, people put them in one pedal drive mode which will do most braking by recharging the battery instead of wearing brake linings.
The way they 'wear' could be from corrosion from disuse.

I guess if a person is one who is either on the accelerator or the brakes and nothing in between it is possible.

Electric Boat start up. I like this. Maybe it has been posted before, not sure?

Way to have a smooth ride on a rough lake / waterway.
Navier

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,983  
If I offered advice and opinions on tractors having never owned and operated one I would rightfully be considered a moron.

This thread has been useful to add morons to my ignore list.
emoji23.png
So what are you doing on a tractor website ???? except call other posters to " shut their traps" or call them "idiots" morons etc.......are you actively trying to shut this thread down because others have valid experienced facts different than your narrative ?? .....please leave if you can't handle other points of view ... yes some if us veteran TBNers enjoy some banter but yours has become very arrogant and immature name calling.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,984  
If I offered advice and opinions on tractors having never owned and operated one I would rightfully be considered a moron.

This thread has been useful to add morons to my ignore list.
You talk about a KIA, have you ever owned one?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,985  
You talk about a KIA, have you ever owned one?

Point taken but this is a thread about EVs.

My opinions about Korean cars are just that, an opinion drawn by owners that I know personally and YouTube repair videos.

Start a thread about Korean vehicles. I promise not to camp out and offer the same uninformed opinions over and over.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,986  
Will the new R2 take market share from Tesla or be a bust?

The Rivian R2 Is About To Be Rivian's Tesla Model Y Moment​

This is the moment every EV startup hopes for, and not many actually get to. Can it reverse Rivian's fortunes?​

When you see photos of Rivian's electric SUVs in the media, they're often crossing rivers, scaling mountains and braving some trek across a barren terrain. But Rivian's biggest test yet won't be some off-roading adventure: it will be crossing the Valley of Death.

That, as climate news publication Heatmap and other outlets have put it, is the gap between scaling up operations and getting a high-volume product on the road that can actually pay for those enormous capital costs. It's the point many EV startups aim for and few get to—the road between ambitious dreams and long-term stability.

***BREAKING NEWS***Rivian R2 Specs Leaked!!!- Starting price $47,500- Range up to 330 miles- 0 to 60 in 3 seconds- Seats 5- Length 185.6 in- Width 75 in- Width with Mirrors 84.4 in- Height 66.9 in- Max Ground Clearance 9.8 in- Wheelbase 15.6 in- Wheel and Tire Diameter 32- Approach Angle 25°- Departure Angle 27°

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,987  
You are really are, by the very definition, an idiot. Not every ICE gets 600 miles to the tank. Our Mazda 3 would need to be filled every week as I don’t like to run the tank below 1/4 full. Who runs their tank to near empty before filling?
Maybe I'm on your ignore list by now, I don't know, but in the case that I'm not I offer this. When a person starts calling the person they're arguing with names, they've lost the argument. Maybe you were just having a bad day, I haven't seen this before unless "EV hater" is name calling. :unsure:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,988  
He has so many people on ignore he has no idea where the conversation has gone. .....

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,990  

2024 Honda Prologue Officially Qualifies For $7,500 Federal Tax Credit​

This makes the car up to 15% less expensive.​

The upcoming 2024 Honda Prologue has been officially listed by the IRS among electric cars eligible for the full $7,500 federal tax credit.

That's a substantial advantage, which represents roughly 15% of the vehicle's base MSRP of $47,400. When including the $1,395 destination charge and deducting the tax credit, the effective starting price is $41,295.