Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,061  
In all fairness, I just found out it was a water leak that sidelined it, not electrics. Here's an article about the truck, apparently it's not full electric, it's hybrid: Vancouver unveils Canada's first electric fire truck
lol... typical news media inserting or omitting a few key words, to leave an impression other than reality. Agendas, anyone?

If a water leak was the source of the problem, you'd think they would put that in the headline, rather than using the few valuable words of headline space to point out that the vehicle is electric.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,062  
Those are the reasons EV Haters cite. Over and over and over again.

EV owners here simply found the EV to be the best solution to daily needs.
I am an equal opportunity “hater”.

I do not like Ram or Silverado pickup trucks. I do not hate them, but I prefer Fords. I would not buy one unless it was a steal.

I have the same opinion about EVs. They work for some but not for me. Make them cheap enough and reliable enough and I might bite.

The angst you see from most “haters” (like myself) reflects our frustration caused by government mandates, government interference, and tax credits.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,063  
And you are either not paying attention or deliberately playing dumb not to have heard (from this thread) that The Gas Station Model does not work for EVs.
The correct use of an EV..
You’ve simply used my post from the other day, out of context here

Even the person I wrote it to, immediately responded, “fair enough”.

Maybe you should stick to current posts, so you have a clue of the actual conversation

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,064  
Not at all. Just pointing out depreciation is based on what one can buy a new one for. So one is lying when ignoring tax credits in factoring depreciation.
Absolute B.S.

Someone already explained depreciation well on this thread the other day. You should do some reading before you keep repeating this lie.
Vehicle depreciation is depreciation of the vehicle. Plain and simple.

Vehicle depreciation has NOTHING to do with if maybe …you’re are eligible for a federal tax credit up to a year later on your yearly taxes.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,065  
No, because you would be on your way in 20 minutes or less.
Yes and stop 100 miles down the road for another " reccomended charge location" and a few more times during the day......so easily get the parked time to watch all of that 3 1\2 hr video. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,066  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,067  
Yes and stop 100 miles down the road for another " reccomended charge location" and a few more times during the day......so easily get the parked time to watch all of that 3 1\2 hr video. ;)
That's IF you can find a charging station that actually works. On my patch, half the ones I pass are broken or otherwise out of service.

The problem where I live seems to be the lack of trained service technicians.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,069  
No, because you would be on your way in 20 minutes or less.

“The average time at a Tesla charging station depends on various factors, such as the type of charger, battery capacity and charging level . At a Tesla Supercharger station, a full charge can take between 15 minutes to an hour and a half ³. However, it's recommended to charge to 80% (which takes around 30 minutes) to avoid prolonged charging times and preserve battery health ¹. Level 2 charging can take 8-12 hours, while Level 1 charging is much slower at 20-40 hours “

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,070  
And you are either not paying attention or deliberately playing dumb not to have heard (from this thread) that The Gas Station Model does not work for EVs.

The correct use of an EV is to charge every night not because it needs it but because you can and charging every night is the kindest thing for both the battery and the power grid.

For many, charging the EV every night allows use of a simple 120V AC outlet.

EV Haters pretend battery range is everything. They pretend one could/should/always charge to full then charge again when near empty because this is what they have always done with an ICE and therefore this is the one and only true way to operate an automobile.

Charge your phone every night or do you wait until it is dead then bemoan the lack of super fast charging facilities?

More proof that those who have never owned and operated an EV generally make moronic statements as facts.