Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,151  
I bought a Toyota because it was convenient, reliable, and very inexpensive.

Good for you. I would have bought a Toyota had we not bought the Tesla.
It’s a shame most ICE mfgs can’t build reliable cars after 100 + yrs of making them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,152  
We have a ski resort here and the Subarus really are like a cult following. Several hours skiing and sipping off a Bota bag they come down that mountain road like they were Grand slaloming in a race.

I do not have the FSD on my Y and don't plan on it either.

But will make a comment or two.

Dan O'dowd is an owner of a self driving 'competitor company' to Tesla's system. He has a Very much vested interest in Tesla failing at FSD.
Maybe he should demonstrate his self driving systems prowess in the same test instead of only slamming Tesla's 'beta' version.

Second, that is not the newer version 12 AI end to end.

It is an earlier version of software.

Here is the actual test and I agree it failed.
I do not see how the Tesla system will ever rival a human without non vision sensors added. Fog, heavy rain, and snow covered camera lenses are not 'enough'.

and this tit for tat has been going on for a while

Hmm here is the resume of the fella your criticizing About Our Founder - The Dawn Project .... he seems to have a imbedded concern for the integrity of FSD systems and much experience with his systems in jets etc. ......the exact integrity weakness that Musk has been criticized by the various Safety agencies thruout the world including the USA. Musk's reputation for rushing and exaggeration is starting to bite him in the butt, and his stock market reflection of late might have a lot to do with that slip. Fortunately O'dowd has enough money to deal with Musk's lawyer team that wants to hide some of these unsafe FSD issues.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,153  
No argument about advertising using whatever works to sell vehicles. I would say Subaru:
"Over $52 million donated to national and local organizations, which has supported the adoption, rescue, transport, and health of over 480,000 animals".

Also Tesla "Dog mode" has probably saved several dogs lives by having a temperature controlled interior. Something that may be a bit sketchy to do with a gas vehicle idling since at least in the past dogs have knocked vehicles out of park and into gear.

Tesla has a dog mode feature

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,154  
That fact is one reason why my son with an electro mechanical engineering degree demanded I order a Tesla a day before Elon Musk made the massive Model Y price cut 12 Jan 2023 when the Feds disqualified it for the IRA $7500 tax refund.

The $7500 max tax refund was good for 2023.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,155  
We have a ski resort here and the Subarus really are like a cult following. Several hours skiing and sipping off a Bota bag they come down that mountain road like they were Grand slaloming in a race.

I do not have the FSD on my Y and don't plan on it either.

But will make a comment or two.

Dan O'dowd is an owner of a self driving 'competitor company' to Tesla's system. He has a Very much vested interest in Tesla failing at FSD.
Maybe he should demonstrate his self driving systems prowess in the same test instead of only slamming Tesla's 'beta' version.

Second, that is not the newer version 12 AI end to end.

It is an earlier version of software.

Here is the actual test and I agree it failed.
I do not see how the Tesla system will ever rival a human without non vision sensors added. Fog, heavy rain, and snow covered camera lenses are not 'enough'.

and this tit for tat has been going on for a while

The standard and free Auto Steer is FSD without all the bells and whistles. FSD will completely map the route including Super Chargers. FSD and Auto Steer are always running and will take over if an impact is expected. I was meeting a cotton wagon on a small county road and it Dove to the right on a wide shoulder and slammed on the brakes once it realized I was out of the path of the wagon by a few inches . Today all Teslas leave the factory with FSD enabled behind the scenes. You have to pay the $200 a month if you want it active on the screen and interacting on your behalf in an overy way. This is the reason one is less likely to die in a Tesla accident.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,156  
The standard and free Auto Steer is FSD without all the bells and whistles. FSD will completely map the route including Super Chargers. FSD and Auto Steer are always running and will take over if an impact is expected. I was meeting a cotton wagon on a small county road and it Dove to the right on a wide shoulder and slammed on the brakes once it realized I was out of the path of the wagon by a few inches . Today all Teslas leave the factory with FSD enabled behind the scenes. You have to pay the $200 a month if you want it active on the screen and interacting on your behalf in an overy way. This is the reason one is less likely to die in a Tesla accident.
Many an expert would disagree with your assessment of FSD .....O'dowd being one of them experts.......yes just like Musk they each have an agenda, but the truth is usually half way between the two stances. And half way between is a scary position for the rest of us drivers and pedestrians that have to deal with a experimental system that has the audacity to use our lives as guinea pigs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,157  
You are totally missing the point.....your Tesla long distance run model you deem we are ignorant of, because we apply a " gas station model"......except you are describing going from one " gas (energy) station to another, charging for 20 or 30 minutes a pop....eg if directed to charger 150 miles away , only charge enough to get there you say......quite frankly that is a ridiculous way to get long distance where time is the pressing factor. Because in an ICE we would go 5 or 600 miles before fueling for 5 or 10 minutes.....your model is perhaps 3 or 4 stops at 20 or more minutes.
.( and diversion off highway to correct charger) You just added 60 to 120 minutes to a daily long distance drive......ouch !!! ....and relied on a gas(energy) station model more times than the ICE.....hmmmm
And you keep missing the point that prior to Tesla Superchargers on interstate long distance travel in an EV was near impossible.

On street motorcycle I had to stop, get off, walk around, and stretch for 5 minutes every 40 minutes or hour. Can go longer sitting in an automobile but it is still necessary to stop every 2-3 hours no matter what I drive.

Others don't have bladder range to go 600 miles nonstop.

A 15 minute splash-and-go every 2-3 hours is a trivial inconvenience for having my own nice car rather than an unknown rental stripper. The fact is I have to make the stop whether for the car or for me.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,158  
yes especcially when the others that do the "100% of that EV thinking" , paint themselves into corners or contradict their own EV words....hmmm
Come on, you can't say things like that without citations. The archive is here for all to see.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,160  

I may try fsd for $200 on our next vacation.