Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,161  
For whatever reason, I see more negative EV stories on my news feeds than positive ones. Frankly, I am not sure that is honest reporting, or the MSM trying to put a hurt on Musk for buying Twitter and "cleaning it up". But bad press is not good.
Blood sells newspapers.

Legacy automakers are back pedaling on EVs and that is not a good sign expect for Tesla in the short term. Yet, Tesla stock has taken a bit of a beating of late. I find that interesting. Lower margins and lower stock prices can become a "one-two punch" to fickle investors.
Legacy automakers thought all they had to do was buy motors and batteries to build an EV. The integration and support utterly failed because they thought they could build electric ICEs.

Utterly failed on the public fast charger front expecting government to give that to them. Utterly failed to educate buyers on charging at home while pretending the "Infrastructure" would provide "Gas Stations" same as they always used.

I admit I would feel some pleasure seeing a few Tesla worshippers wind up sucking hind tit. It is very unchristian of me, but I would still smile. And I would enjoy seeing climate control nut jobs wringing their hands in despair.
See? The MSN is telling you what you want to hear so you click through the articles and view advertisements for their revenue stream.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,162  
A car company that enjoys a feel good experience is Subaru...

I'm surprised at the number of Nurses and Doctors I work with drive Subaru.

They like the car well enough but I have heard say they like the company...

Marketing can be very effective...

Subaru advertising heavily promotes pet adoption. Most Subaru service waiting rooms are dog-friendly with a water bowl and a designated place outside to "walk" your dog.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,163  
And you keep missing the point that prior to Tesla Superchargers on interstate long distance travel in an EV was near impossible.

On street motorcycle I had to stop, get off, walk around, and stretch for 5 minutes every 40 minutes or hour. Can go longer sitting in an automobile but it is still necessary to stop every 2-3 hours no matter what I drive.

Others don't have bladder range to go 600 miles nonstop.

A 15 minute splash-and-go every 2-3 hours is a trivial inconvenience for having my own nice car rather than an unknown rental stripper. The fact is I have to make the stop whether for the car or for me.
You see you did it again......its all about you and then you apply your limited distance capability to assume everyone else should do the same.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,164  
Our friends bought a Subaru a few months ago and they love it.
I sold mine to a nephew last month.

Took delivery January 2016. Outback Limited.

My parents saw and drove it that summer/fall. Bought a 2017 equipped exactly the same including the dimming outside rearview mirrors.

My brother's family was only 30 miles from Mom & Dad, they too liked what they saw. Shopped all brands and bought a Subaru Forester.

As years passed Dad, then Mom died. Mom wished for brother's son to get her Subaru. Nearly a year passed and his twin brother came to be in need a of a car. Sold mine to him.

So, a family meeting at my brother's house has (3) Subarus. His twins have essentially twin Outbacks. One white, one red.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,165  
I bought a Toyota because it was convenient, reliable, and very inexpensive.
Local Toyota dealer is "awfully proud" of their cars. Late 2006 they wanted $7000 more for a Prius than the one I bought 70 miles north of them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,166  
I had a vehicle with the radio volume “buttons” on the touchscreen. Absolutely frustrating trying to use them on a bumpy dirt road. They got so many complaints, they went back to an actual rotary volume knob, the next year. 100% better.
Tesla puts volume control on the touch screen but also on the scroll wheel on the left of the steering wheel. The function of that scroll wheel is user selectable, for temperature control if one wishes. Or mirror adjustment. Way too difficult to change while driving.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,167  
The 128 voice commands is an awesome feature. When FSD is certified at Level 5 the steering wheel will become optional.
Tried fart mode yet?

The car comes with an app which will randomly emit a fart sound while driving.

My 2013 had an Easter Egg celebrating Elon Musk's purchase of the submarine Lotus used in a 007 movie. Replaced the graphics of the car with the Lotus Esprit "submarine" with wheels folded. Units were nautical.

Car still operated as usual but one got to play underwater 007.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,168  
I am still on version 11 and hope to experience version 12 by the end of 2024.
My Y is stuck on 2023.44. Says downloading 2024.2.7 the past month or so. Opened a service ticket. Reply said they will look into it remotely to see if it can be solved. Else a service call will be needed.

I do not have a FSD subscription.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,169  
That a poster would relish seeing Tesla “worshippers” sucking hind tit shows you how demented are EV haters mind.

Reason why I put these jacka$$e$ on ignore.
If people who don't agree with you are ignored how can you quote what they say?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,170  
We have a ski resort here and the Subarus really are like a cult following. Several hours skiing and sipping off a Bota bag they come down that mountain road like they were Grand slaloming in a race.
Everything I've read indicates Subaru takes AWD seriously while Honda and Toyota tend to slap something on the car which lets them sell it as AWD.

Those who drive regularly to/from ski resorts probably have the experience to know who does AWD right.

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi were also said to have very good AWD.