Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,181  
Been on 2024.2.7 for a week or so.
That is Interesting because the update install screen showed up while in town driving so when home I enabled the install but next day noticed it had not installed, enabled it again and made sure to leave the car alone for a 1/2 hour and it was installed.

I am not sure if it cancelled the update because I forgot something and had opened the trunk.

Jeeps 'original' Quadra-Trac came out in 1972 :)
Yep… Borg Warner I think.

It was amazing seeing others get stuck with wheels spinning and the Quadra-trac would just power through if only one wheel had traction.

The Jeep dealers would take brand new stock jeeps and run Tahoe Rubicon through little sluice… Jeepers Jamboree

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,182  
Yep… Borg Warner I think.

It was amazing seeing others get stuck with wheels spinning and the Quadra-trac would just power through if only one wheel had traction.

The Jeep dealers would take brand new stock jeeps and run Tahoe Rubicon through little sluice.

Jeepers Jamboree
I still have a 1977 Honcho 1/2 ton shortbox J-10 with it. Needs an engine paint and body work. Back when Jeep sold Levi bucket seat interiors illegally.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,183  
I still have a 1977 Honcho 1/2 ton shortbox J-10 with it. Needs an engine paint and body work. Back when Jeep sold Levi bucket seat interiors illegally.
Had a Cherokee back in the day… only thing I didn’t like was gas mileage!

How are the battery Jeeps?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,184  

Its funny you say that , compared with any GMC or Chevy truck back in the day the AMC 304, 360, 401's seemed to do well.
We drove almost 3000 mile round trip to flat tow a Karmann Bug Convert home with the high mile 76 QTrac Wagoneer
averaged 17.5 MPG down to Tucson and 15.2 on the way back towing the Bug. I had pulled the front driveline before we left to save gas and locked the Q trac Case until we hit a blizzard in Montana, reinstalled the front driveline at a gas station parking lot to finish the trip.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,185  

I don't know. hope someone that buys one posts up how they like it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,186  
We're on our third Outback. Great cars and nothing can touch them in snowy conditions. I have a '92 Toyota built up for chasing my hounds with posi front and rear, 5:29 gears, taller tires, lift kit, etc. The Subaru does much better. If there was room for a dog box in the back, I'd use it.
We hate their LOVE advertisement, and most of their donation organizations. The NRA Life Members is the only bumper sticker we have.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,187  
Sorry, I meant to mention that they have an EV and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with one. We'd have to upgrade our electric service panel, so I doubt we would get one, but their ICE cars are so good, was just wondering.
Patrick

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,189  
Article this week ( link at bottom) on how FSD failed driving test badly !
...and “failing to be aware of problems facing others and anticipating their next moves.”
I think this, along with an absolute need to "bend" the rules in city driving, will be the biggest challenges for FSD. I don't know how many of you have driven through center city Philadelphia or Manhattan, but it is simply not possible to get through an intersection (esp. left turn!) while legally yielding to pedestrians. It's a constant game of chicken, making them think you're going to hit them if they don't let you through, without actually hitting anyone.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,190  
Try telling your insurance company you drove over 4 hours nonstop before the accident.
That's hilarious , it is not an issue for insurance whatsoever.....heck even Truckers only after 8hrs are reqd a 30 minute break.......I feel sorry for ya if you can't concentrate for more than 4 hrs. But explains a lot. ;) ..... however I bet insurance companies are very interested in Tesla owners relying on FSD on roads they are not supposed to be using it on and or being distracted and not having hands on wheel ready to take over .