Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,302  
So you are guessing again. Not a question.

Bad weather lines at gas stations are pretty severe around here. Our apartment renters are smart enough to find apartments with the ability to charge, or not buy an EV.

There is only one Tesla Supercharger site in metropolitan area of 491,000. Superchargers are not Gas Stations.
It's called worse case scenario not guessing. I But if I knew how many apartment dwellers use a charging station and how many charging stations are available then it would be fact.

Another interesting fact I'm interested in finding out is how many households only own electric vehicle/s and have cut the ICE cord completely.

Edit: Oh, I found it the answer, it is 10%. So in Texas where 5% of the vehicles are electric that means 1/2% of all vehicles, yep that's a good indication of the ICE Death spiral - not.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,303  
It's called worse case scenario not guessing. I But if I knew how many apartment dwellers use a charging station and how many charging stations are available then it would be fact.

Another interesting fact I'm interested in finding out is how many households only own electric vehicle/s and have cut the ICE cord completely.

Oh, I found it the answer, it is 10%.
You read it wrong, or worded it wrong here:
It says looking at only those with an EV, only 10% were single vehicle.

Total Households owning only EV’s would be a significantly lower percentage

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,304  
You read it wrong, or worded it wrong here:
It says of those with an EV, only 10% were single vehicle 🚗
That's right - they have no ICE vehicle as a back-up.

I'm looking at it like cell phones and cutting the land line.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,305  
I still hate on them. Not because of the tech, but because they shaped them like Prius's and Insight's.(

LOL. when I got my first Prius 20 years ago, a friend said that it was pretty cool, but what would I do if I had to go somewhere during the day. I gave him a puzzled look, and he said “you don’t want to be seen in that do you”.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,306  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,307  

Edit: Oh, I found it the answer, it is 10%. So in Texas where 5% of the vehicles are electric that means 1/2% of all vehicles, yep that's a good indication of the ICE Death spiral - not.

from the article,
Makes sense to me,

" Why multi-vehicle households?
A potential explanation for these patterns is that
EVs are attractive to multi-vehicle households
because they can substitute attributes across vehicles. Archsmith et al. (2020) describes a model in
which multi-vehicle households derive utility from
the characteristics of each individual vehicle, as
well as from the combination of attributes in the
vehicle portfolio.
For example, a household might want one vehicle for commuting, as well another larger vehicle
for trips that require carrying more passengers or
cargo. This differentiation increases household utility, making it more likely that a household has an
appropriate vehicle for any necessary trip and purpose".

YEP.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,308  
from the article,
Makes sense to me,

" Why multi-vehicle households?
A potential explanation for these patterns is that
EVs are attractive to multi-vehicle households
because they can substitute attributes across vehicles. Archsmith et al. (2020) describes a model in
which multi-vehicle households derive utility from
the characteristics of each individual vehicle, as
well as from the combination of attributes in the
vehicle portfolio.
For example, a household might want one vehicle for commuting, as well another larger vehicle
for trips that require carrying more passengers or
cargo. This differentiation increases household utility, making it more likely that a household has an
appropriate vehicle for any necessary trip and purpose".

YEP.
It makes sense to me also. Most (90%) of EV owners are treating there household transportation needs similar to how a prime hybrid car operates. All electric for short trips but not cutting out the ICE vehicle for long trips, towing or more passengers. Therefore ICE vehicles will always be around, technology is still not close enough for the confidence to only depend on electric vehicles in a household.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,310  
The story seems far fetched to me. As soon as you realize you are in the wrong gear you step on the brake...so how does the car "zip" in the wrong direction. And no one mashes the accelerator doing a three point turn.

Tesla owners will chime in.

I see this as a "hit piece" on Tesla or a cover up for the lady being either drunk or on drugs and not in control. If the touch screen had given her problems in the past, either get it fixed or buy a car that is not controlled via a touch screen. She was unable to drive it safely. The good news is she did not kill anyone else.