Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,491  
The NYT did get into another aspect of this, the lack of infrastructure in the U.S. While Norway, where nearly 25% of cars on the road are electric, is the easy comparison, the NYT article explains, "The majority of people in Norway live in houses, not apartments, and nearly 90 percent of electric vehicle owners have their own charging stations at home" — a key point, that.

An automaker association representative in the UK told the outlet, "the problem was less about the capacity of electric vehicles to run well in cold weather, and more about the inability to provide necessary infrastructure, like charging stations."

Great point Txdon...... and that's the significant demographic that Trad and Grump prefer to ignore....or they tell them to uproot their lives and rent payments and find a new living arrangement and increased rent to get the EV their expected to own .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,492  
tradosaurus makes great posts.
1710606413556.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,493  
I also find it unreasonable to use Norway as a good example of winter weather EV success......the majority of Norway is Ocean frontage and is tempered by the warm ocean beside them.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,494  
That’s not a battery car exclusive feature. Most mid level, and up, ICE vehicles can do the same thing.
I give you a pass since you are relatively new and may not yet own an EV

First for the sake of my family and country I am not into supporting bad actors banding together to control our fuel prices since 1973 when I was paying 25¢ per gallon for premium gas.

Second going forward plan I plan to have a world class FSD on my vehicle for local and coast to coast trips for the safety of humanity and animals.

Third I want to fuel up at home on energy that has never been hauled on a truck.

Fourth I don't want to smell like some that I follow through the line at McDonald's.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,495  

First for the sake of my family and country I am not into supporting bad actors banding together to control our fuel prices since 1973 when I was paying 25¢ per gallon for premium gas.

Second going forward plan I plan to have a world class FSD on my vehicle for local and coast to coast trips for the safety of humanity and animals.

Third I want to fuel up at home on energy that has never been hauled on a truck.

Fourth I don't want to smell like some that I follow through the line at McDonald's.
??
All your political views, because I pointed out the fact that many ICE vehicles can have automatic braking activated, which will brake for a deer also?
Give me a pass??

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,496  

But your okay that your battery storage gets its lithuim etc mined in third world countries by children .....hmmm
IMG_9951.jpeg.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,497  
I also find it unreasonable to use Norway as a good example of winter weather EV success......the majority of Norway is Ocean frontage and is tempered by the warm ocean beside them.
Here are some of your evidence supporters perhaps?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,498  
Here are some of your evidence supporters perhaps?

What I find Interesting about Norway is their largest exports are Oil and Gas, EV's especially Tesla's are one of their biggest imports.