Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,531  

Diesel gate is now easier to understand and why ICE is dead meat.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,532  

Diesel gate is now easier to understand and why ICE is dead meat.
Gale.
I 100% understand why you bought what you did and happy for you. My question is conversely would you LIKE to see the demise of ICE vehicles?
You say we all create our own realities which is IMHO weird and a bit schizophrenic.
With internet research I'm sure I could post people in favor & against alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sexual preferences...anything...but that doesn't mean it's factual.
Personally whatever vehicle works for someone: EV, hybrid, Ferrari, Hyundai, Cadillac, horse, etc. I could care less...it's what they want. My question is would you like to see 100% of everyone to drive a Tesla?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,533  
I used the Air Moto for the first time since getting it for Christmas. The right rear on the Model Y now has a leak and I may order a couple new tires for Monday. But anyway I put it on and set it for 42 psi. It took it 5 minutes to raise it from 34 to 42 psi and then it shut off on its own. I watched from inside the cabin . So far so good

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,534  
Gale.
I 100% understand why you bought what you did and happy for you. My question is conversely would you LIKE to see the demise of ICE vehicles?
You say we all create our own realities which is IMHO weird and a bit schizophrenic.
With internet research I'm sure I could post people in favor & against alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sexual preferences...anything...but that doesn't mean it's factual.
Personally whatever vehicle works for someone: EV, hybrid, Ferrari, Hyundai, Cadillac, horse, etc. I could care less...it's what they want. My question is would you like to see 100% of everyone to drive a Tesla?
I expect we're 50 years away from having enough EVS for everybody to drive. EVS.

There is no need for government mandates because the car makers are going to ditch ICE as fast as they can because they cannot profitably make them as EVS put them into a death spiral down the road. Like your $20 VCR EVs will become machine built in the factory to get quality up and cost down.
The environment talk is nothing more than noise to take the focus off of the real reason, they're moving to manufacturing cars so they can be highly profitable at least for Tesla and China. It's starting to look like Ford and GM set on their bottom too long now to get into the for profit game .

The 25-45 age group may be the EV sales target market. Most in the 50 to 75 age group that only buy used will never own an EV in their lifetime so they may never get on the radar of EV makers. After 2035 most EV sales will be in the $15,000 $30,000 price range. And yes, there'll be the Cadillac type buyers but not the average working person I expect.

Upside down car loans do not boost the sale of new cars.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,535  
The environment talk is nothing more than noise to take the focus off of the real reason, they're moving to manufacturing cars so they can be highly profitable at least for Tesla and China.
Wow .......just WOW !!! Now that is one is a interesting take......haven't everybody been making cars for profit reasons for a hundred years ?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,536  
Wow .......just WOW !!! Now that is one is a interesting take......haven't everybody been making cars for profit reasons for a hundred years ?
Obvious not if most car makers have gone bankrupt in the last 100+ years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,538  
Obvious not if most car makers have gone bankrupt in the last 100+ years.
Thanks for the entertainment value of your posts.....its partly why I am hooked so much. ...... wow .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,539