Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,591  

Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr resigns after EV push goes bust​

Scherr’s resignation comes as the car rental company struggles with the higher repair costs and low demand for EV rentals.
That isn't all of Hertz's problems.

They handled EV rentals no different from ICE. Sent drivers off with little to no instruction. Not even on how to use the keycard. At best they plaster a sticker inside the charge port door saying something to the effect, "door closes automatically, do not try to close by hand."

And they do ICE pretty poorly too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,593  
I have absolutely no idea what CU says about EVs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,594  
Pity the poor sap who has to replace his out of warranty battery at 120,001 miles..

• Anywhere around $13,000-$20,000 for Models S
  • At least $14,000 for a Model X premium SUV
  • At least $13,000 for a Model 3 entry-level sedan
You pretend as if a Tesla battery is a 120,000 mile item just like a 40,000 mile radial tire.

I posted weeks ago as how very low mileage Model Y Long Range batteries were asking $8500 on eBay.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,596  
Tell me something new? My first DU failed from eddy currents flowing through a steel bearing. The replacement DU had a ceramic bearing. And obviously a failed seal. If you did the math it lasted less than 2 years. The car was going to the salvage yard before my sister asked for it.

Guess you never heard of a "core charge"? You don't get to keep the blown Kia engine after it is replaced unless you want to pay the core charge.

We used to have to pay core charges on water pumps before all the replacement water pumps started coming from China. Before that, American companies rebuilt OE parts.

Buy a new starter batter for your ICE? Core charge.
Core charge are not always an option these days...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,597  
And the Supercharger makes travel possible. Even pleasant.
Many battery car publications say to avoid supercharging, if you don’t want to reduce the lifespan of your very expensive battery. Not a very pleasant thought if you ask me.

You can fill up your gas tank in under 5 minutes, and not have to worry you just shortened the lifespan of a $15k component.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,598  
I have absolutely no idea what CU says about EVs.
"But, when it comes time to purchase a refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer, I might get a 30 day online membership or go to the public library."
...Maybe you should have visited the library:
2024_03_17_12.41.11.jpg
2024_03_17_12.43.34.jpg
2024_03_17_12.43.55.jpg
2024_03_17_12.46.10.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,599  
Vandals probably kept him from getting into the Library that time. ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,600  
"But, when it comes time to purchase a refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer/dryer, I might get a 30 day online membership or go to the public library."
...Maybe you should have visited the library:View attachment 857624View attachment 857625View attachment 857626View attachment 857627

CR

"Worst car brands" 2024:

Rivian, GMC, Jaguar, Land Rover, and finally JEEP

Even that list gets a grain of salt.
The Funny thing to me is the residual value of Jeep Wranglers,
Trouble or not they hold their value.