Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,731  
Maybe I skipped some of the video…
DC-DC step up/down converters have been around for years. I missed why it’s groundbreaking here
He said the technology has been around for 40 years but it was Tesla who got the industry off of top dead center by specing out to rest of the automakers their approach. Tesla is still the solo reason EVs are displacing the ICE industry today. It will be 2028 before it is clear to all readers I expect.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,732  
Why are the top 3 listed, totally out of order according to their numbers?

Toyota RAV4

1: Total Units Sold: 102,313

2. Tesla Model Y

Total Units Sold: 385,900

3. Honda CR-V

Total Units Sold: 361,457

??
I must be missing something….
Tesla Y is listed as an SUV? That defies definition of SUV.
"SUV stands for 'Sports Utility Vehicle', a fairly loose term but one that generally refers to stylish, sleek looking vehicles that offer elegant city driving but also handle rugged terrain thanks to a typical 4x4 capability."

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,733  
Why are the top 3 listed, totally out of order according to their numbers?

Toyota RAV4

1: Total Units Sold: 102,313

2. Tesla Model Y

Total Units Sold: 385,900

3. Honda CR-V

Total Units Sold: 361,457

??
I must be missing something….
If you read carefully it does say that the Y has sold the most with the government incentives. I guess that does not make it the most popular. You cannot buy popularity. They must measure most popular by something besides sales.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,734  
He said the technology has been around for 40 years but it was Tesla who got the industry off of top dead center by specing out to rest of the automakers their approach. Tesla is still the solo reason EVs are displacing the ICE industry today. It will be 2028 before it is clear to all readers I expect.
What is supposed to happen in 2028?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,736  
What is supposed to happen in 2028?
My estimate when the $25,000 Tesla be be available in Mass for the workers of the USA and other places in the world. Having the robots trained is a wild card in my mind.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,737  
When solar cells are so efficient they work in the dark.

Wait a minute… isn’t 2028 when Flux Capacitors become standard for motive power?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,738  
He is a Tesla fanboy plain and simple. In a previous post he said he has a 2013 Tesla which was the 2nd year they mass produced an EV. Early adopter and he has a heavy confirmation bias. That said I do value the perspective as there are also those on this thread that are close to the opposite end of the spectrum.
My 2013 *was* among the first 27,000 based on VIN.

If you knew what else I own and am involved in you would know my Tesla is the outlier.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #16,739  
Hey grump: While you’re out on the net educating yourself on California warranty laws, before you get back to me…why don’t you go find that document proving ICE engines are most efficient at 15% load. I’m still waiting for you to back up that BS argument you engaged me with, but drifted off silent when I asked for proof
I’m still waiting….
Prove they are not. The chart you provided did not say what you said it said.

And, I said gasoline engines as fitted in automobiles.

Aircraft engines are tuned differently. As with automobile engines they are tuned to operate as efficient as possible at the RPM they are intended to be operated.