Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,221  
Nope, we're in good standing I believe.
If I respond to you then you are not on my ignore list. ;)

Life's too short to waste my breath on the willfully ignorant.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,223  
That is weird to me. I guess Tesla is unique in the automotive industry in that regard. Do other companies do anything similar?
Have you ever ordered anything off of Amazon yet? That's the way Tesla is set up. I ordered my Tesla at 2:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning which was the 14th of January. I made my decision on the 13th but I was not going to buy a $50,000 item on Friday the 13th. :) They email me my VIN number on Sunday the 15th and I picked the car up in Nashville on the 20th so it got built in Austin earlier in January and it was delivered on the 20th of January. It was the second new car I've ever purchased. The other one was in 1973 at a Nissan dealership and it was in stock.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,224  
If I respond to you then you are not on my ignore list. ;)

Life's too short to waste my breath on the willfully ignorant.
Since this thread started in 2019 I don't think the willfully ignorant have been posting in this thread day after day week after week month after month year after year. 🙂

People posting this thread are already EV buyer qualified by default. Think about it. You have to have access to the internet before you can even buy a Tesla. You have to be somewhat savvy with a smartphone before you can even drive a Tesla. I know when I have left my cell phone in the house because I can't get in my Tesla without my cell phone nearby as in my pocket typically.

Yes, some of us think we're still in the 8th grade doing the same locker room jiving with our buddies.

Most business-minded people know that Amazon lost billions year after year after year but they had a game plan to come out on top and they did and they made a lot of people wealthy in the process.

True farmers know about the self-driving tractors and most all of them had rather have the technology than having a hired hand that might show up might not show up to help make them successful in their farming operation.

Until last week I was clueless when FSD would happen in a successful way. After a week with the new artificial intelligence version 12 of FSD, the fact that it will happen sooner than later is no longer a ? in my mind after spending 14 or 15 months with version 11. This is more or less the same software technology that is coming out in the Tesla Bot that will be heavily utilized to Build the $25,000 version of Tesla cars.

Few here will be willing to pay twice as much for an ICE vehicle as an EV of the same specs. The discussions here will be laughable come 2050. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,225  
So non EV owners can't have an opinion on an EV because we haven't owned one yet.
But EV owners can tell us all what the market will be in 2050 which hasn't happened yet

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,226  
Been a IT guy, on the net before it was the internet, had early cell phones, yet I'm totally ignorant of smart phones. There is no cell service here and GM's OnStar does not work here. Guess those things alone mean that Tesla can not work in my lifestyle.
These having been in the industry for many years I do not want ANYTHING that depended on the internet or remote servers to function. Connecting when I want is acceptable but it MUST work with being in touch with mother ship or require Microsoft / Apple OS
Just watch Independence Day to understand why.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,227  
Been a IT guy, on the net before it was the internet, had early cell phones, yet I'm totally ignorant of smart phones. There is no cell service here and GM's OnStar does not work here. Guess those things alone mean that Tesla can not work in my lifestyle.
These having been in the industry for many years I do not want ANYTHING that depended on the internet or remote servers to function. Connecting when I want is acceptable but it MUST work with being in touch with mother ship or require Microsoft / Apple OS
Just watch Independence Day to understand why.
Tesla cars come with physical key cards so no Internet is required. In my case, there is some physical pain associated with digging out the billfold and everything associated. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,228  
Have you ever ordered anything off of Amazon yet? That's the way Tesla is set up. I ordered my Tesla at 2:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning which was the 14th of January. I made my decision on the 13th but I was not going to buy a $50,000 item on Friday the 13th. :) They email me my VIN number on Sunday the 15th and I picked the car up in Nashville on the 20th so it got built in Austin earlier in January and it was delivered on the 20th of January. It was the second new car I've ever purchased. The other one was in 1973 at a Nissan dealership and it was in stock.
The thing I find odd is that a company would subtract money off your so called cost because you should save money on gas based on the average usage.

If I buy a Prius, does Toyota subtract money off my cost because it's more miserly than the average car?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,229  
I thought Tesla quit doing that because of all of the negative comments.
The thing I find odd is that a company would subtract money off your so called cost because you should save money on gas based on the average usage.

If I buy a Prius, does Toyota subtract money off my cost because it's more miserly than the average car?

I just checked inventory of new Y Tesla's, they list the price they also list probable savings and the tax credit price.

Before buying my car they did list only the 'probable savings' price and people complained and they started giving the actual price and the other possibilities.

Compared to walking on a dealer lot and looking at a sale price sticker, this still seems a more accurate way to present prices since you don't end up feeling like you just acted out the added cost items scene out of the movie Fargo.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,230  

What are you talking about?