Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,261  
I agree this is probably a very dangerous time for FSD. People WILL be complacent and over confident in these systems. Like I stated before, I have no interest in FSD until I can sleep while it drives me and I am absolved of any responsibility for accidents. Short of that, I'm sure I would be guilty of becoming complacent too.

If a person has to be "ever vigilant" while using FSD, what benefit is there in it? Is it just the fascination with the latest technology?

If a person has restrictions on their license, they still have to follow those restrictions. For example, they can't drive after dark or they need corrective vision wear.

I believe FSD will have its day, but I think it will take legislation (heaven forbid) absolving drivers of responsibility to make it successful.
@NoTrespassing I pay $200 a month for FSD for your safety and for my safety. Please don't consider investing in Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,262  
A bad way to test FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,263  
I agree this is probably a very dangerous time for FSD. People WILL be complacent and over confident in these systems. Like I stated before, I have no interest in FSD until I can sleep while it drives me and I am absolved of any responsibility for accidents. Short of that, I'm sure I would be guilty of becoming complacent too.

If a person has to be "ever vigilant" while using FSD, what benefit is there in it? Is it just the fascination with the latest technology?

If a person has restrictions on their license, they still have to follow those restrictions. For example, they can't drive after dark or they need corrective vision wear.

I believe FSD will have its day, but I think it will take legislation (heaven forbid) absolving drivers of responsibility to make it successful.

Actually I think you are right.

That is a Big hurdle.

Tesla wants drivers of their cars to help do the testing and I have no problem with that.
But as you point out, to truly be full level 5 Tesla would have to take on responsibility and of fault if an accident happens that is determined to be FSD caused.
I think the learning curve for this AI is accelerating, but will stick to my prediction back in an earlier EV thread that it will be 2027 until it is that good 'and' Government approved.

Hoping a bad accident does not take place while this free roll out is in effect. You are correct about complacency.

If I take a long trip in the future, I would seriously consider buying a month of FSD to have it available.

This morning on the way to my appointment I felt the Tesla apply the brakes in a control manner and then shortly released them and that's when I saw a woman walking on the paved shoulder. It was raining and overcast and marginal visibility at long distance. No problem seeing her but the car Saw her and responded before I saw her.

The main reason I have FSD is to avoid running over pedestrian or another person in a vehicle or on a vehicle.

A huge improvement in the artificial intelligence version of FSD is it has stopped getting in the left turn lane when driving on four lane roads which used to be a pain in the butt when traveling 65 or 70 mph.

I hope Tesla extends the free FSD version 12 for at least two more 30 days free trials.

At night the Vision system has detected deer 2 times before I saw them and once braked on the highway when one jumped out in front of me.

Speaking of that 3 days ago one jumped out in front of my granddaughter and her Wrangler.
She hit it and the deer was suffering so had to 'plug' it and put it out of misery. That is one thing about Jeeps No damage to it at All. I have doubts the Model Y would not have been damaged.

A bad way to test FSD.

Unskilled driver made all the worst possible Choices at the worst time with a top heavy vehicle in high traction situation.
There is a situation an EV has an advantage and that is Low roll over risk, very low center of gravity.

He is lucky it did not roll one last time, and maybe next time should buckle his seat belt, or 'better yet' let mommy drive and on an actual road next time.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,264  
Doing my part to save the planet. Picked this up last night at the local farm store. Next up is a Fred Flintstone car.

1712841885897.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,265  
Here is a guy that has looked at potential impacts of the Tesla Robo Taxi that is to be announced 8/8/24. The Long term potential impact on GM caught me by surprise. Having just renewed our auto insurance it's amazing how much we pay for the people that don't buy their own insurance but yet drive on the roads.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,266  
Here is a guy that has looked at potential impacts of the Tesla Robo Taxi that is to be announced 8/8/24. The Long term potential impact on GM caught me by surprise. Having just renewed our auto insurance it's amazing how much we pay for the people that don't buy their own insurance but yet drive on the roads.

Nope...not listening to an hour of propaganda.

People posting videos to make their point wind up not making one. No one with a life will sit through it unless they are "fan boys". If you cannot state the case in a paragraph, almost no one you want to reach will hear your message.

Like they said on Dragnet, "“all we want are the facts, ma’am.”

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,267  
Nope...not listening to an hour of propaganda.

People posting videos to make their point wind up not making one. No one with a life will still through it unless they are "fan boys". If you cannot state the case in a paragraph, almost no one you want to reach will hear your message.

Like they said on Dragnet, "“all we want are the facts, ma’am.”
@shooterdon I do not post to make a point since this is not a debate thread but a thread to share information about EVs. No man can change the mind of another man because it is only we ourselves that can change ourselves but not anyone else.

I post data points that I find useful where they be pro or con concerning the EV evolution.

No one is interested in prying your cold dead fingers off of your ICE steering wheel. 🙂

You know full well ICE will be sold for decades to come to ones wealthy enough to afford them even if they're sold as hybrids.

I understand you are handicapped because you have not had an EV experience yet. One has to experience the quality of an EV powertrain and the comfort offered by electric heat pumps etc to want to leave ICE vehicles at the dealership. You're making progress. understanding that EVs are here to stay and ICE vehicles are not because this will be clear to all by 2050.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,268  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,270  
FSD comes to lawn care.

People getting lazier by the day