Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,391  
Just placed my order today for my fisker ocean extreme. 576hp, 113kwh battery, tow package, cheaper than fuddyduddy's cheezy 'ol f150!

Not mine, but, same color/wheel combo.

uz5glq8dlogb1.jpg

Let’s hope Fisker stays afloat.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,392  
2024.3.15 downloaded this morning and it just finished installing.

It included FSD supervised version 12.3.4

I used FSD on a 6 HR round trip. Had to take over a few times because FSD didn’t react quick enough.
Definitely need to pay attention with FSD.
Highway cruising was excellent

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,393  
Yes, it's a bit of a risk. But I do think that a vc will come in or they'll get bought by a larger company. They have a viable, finished product and are just having difficulty getting it in the hands of their buyers. Also, I didn't pay full price, and wouldn't pay full price. It was a limited time deal with heavy discounts to raise capital.

WPkxI5a.png

Keep us updated after you drive your new EV

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,394  
Just placed my order today for my fisker ocean extreme. 576hp, 113kwh battery, tow package, cheaper than fuddyduddy's cheezy 'ol f150!

Not mine, but, same color/wheel combo.

uz5glq8dlogb1.jpg
I apologize for making fun, I thought you were making a joke about buying the Fisker.
I hope all goes well. I have an F150 now but 207K miles, a '93. I need something to haul hay bales and lumber. A 2 door truck with a bed.
I'm 71. How old are you fatjay and why fear for the future?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,395  

Let’s hope Fisker stays afloat.
This is a brilliant move. This inventory would be basically worthless in bankruptcy, but at least now they're raising some cash and increasing the runway by a few inches. Technically it sounds like they deserve to survive, but as was the case with Tesla in the past. But as long as they're in the game, there's hope somebody will come along.

If I was much younger and financially independent, I think it would be a fun EV to buy, play with and learn about.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,396  
If I was much younger and financially independent, I think it would be a fun EV to buy, play with and learn about.

Gale!...You make it sound so DIRTY!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,397  

Gale!...You make it sound so DIRTY!
You're letting your mind play tricks on you again by projection your thoughts on others.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,398  
the base vehicle price is 37k - 2k state rebate. The 36k f150 also has tax, title, etc fee's associated with it, that's not the out the door price.

Magna is a solid company from everything I have read. If they will just supply parts and basic software no reason for the Fisker vehicles not to last a long time.
This is a brilliant move. This inventory would be basically worthless in bankruptcy, but at least now they're raising some cash and increasing the runway by a few inches. Technically it sounds like they deserve to survive, but as was the case with Tesla in the past. But as long as they're in the game, there's hope somebody will come along.

Here is hoping Fisker survives.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,399  
I understand someone saying "I just want an EV"
I understand how tempting up to $15,000 tax incentives would be, even though we wouldn't qualify.
I understand, but have problems with those wanting or needing FSD (to us it's crazy).
But thinking "I'll comply with the mandate" (really???), or "I'm saving money" (really???), or "I'm really concerned about CO2" , or any of 10+ other reasons.
To me makes zero sense & impractical as can be.
No one but the EV haters here have promoted your positions.

Where can I get $15,000 of tax "incentives"?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,400  
I don't care about FSD, or driver aids of any sort. I don't care about saving the polar bears. I DO care about what happens when there is no fuel. I can't drill for crude, then refine it to gas or diesel. But I can deploy a field of solar panels, and generate my own electricity, and not need to go anywhere for it.
I once looked into brewing my own biodiesel. $10,000 of equipment to start with. Lots of electrical power, needed source of sugar, and methanol. Then there was a lot of hazardous byproduct waste.

But then there were PV solar panels. No maintenance. No waste. No moving parts. Totally automated.