Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,511  
I don't have anyone on ignore, and @tradosaurus isn't missing anything worthwhile.
Thanks Grumpycat. I figured as much. You have much more patience than I do. My ignore list is at 21 morons and growing.
Life's too short to argue with idiots as they will eventually pull you down to their level and beat you with stupidity. ;)
But I'm enjoying my awesome Tesla Y and just banked $10k in incentives!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,512  
Echo... Echo... Echo...

I'm on twelve forums that support my thoughts and feelings. 🙄

And all of us agree everyone else is a moron. So... Obviously we are all independent thinkers. 🤣

This is pure comedy. 🍿

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,513  
What came out in the news yesterday was no surprise at all because he laid all this out a good 18 months ago.

That is true
Why would I buy a Tesla if Tesla isn't a car company, and they hope to be out of the retail car business? I'd prefer to buy from a company that focuses on what I'm buying... A car. 🤣

I'd say people who refuse to be pressured into loving EVs, even when being called names... Are in fact thinking for themselves. When they sit down and pencil out the coat for themselves, they are thinking for themselves. When they look at how they drive and how that may affect what car they buy, they are thinking for themselves. The lie is that if you don't worship EVs, you aren't thinking for yourself. So, if we ALL AGREE, that means we are thinking for ourselves? 🤣. That seems counter intuitive.

Variety is the spice of life.

Buy what YOU like.

Like some others on here I will have a major problem with someone telling me my old gas and diesel vehicles should be parked or scrapped in the future.

I see some risk of high depreciation in the purchase of the Y when it goes out of warranty.
Or it could go the other way and the majority of cars run virtually problem free for 300000 + miles and these become like a Jeep Wrangler where they just hold their value.

The oldest versions of the Y are only about 4 years old now.
Plus there are a few different battery chemistry, internal structure body designs, assembly and different processors and sensors plus Hardware variations.

What was it Shooterdon said if you want bleeding edge ....? you better be ready to bleed.

ps.
Tesla Motors in 2017 the decision was made to drop the 'Motors' because the company is into much more than just vehicles.

They still keep the motor reference in the registered trademark T which denotes a rotor pole and the line above is representative of a piece of the stator of Nikola Tesla's original design

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,514  
I mean, Id presume as battery tech advances, maybe quickly, that older models with inferior tech will depreciate. Though, Musk is on record saying current battery tech is sufficient.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,515  
Thanks Grumpycat. I figured as much. You have much more patience than I do. My ignore list is at 21 morons and growing.
Life's too short to argue with idiots as they will eventually pull you down to their level and beat you with stupidity. ;)
But I'm enjoying my awesome Tesla Y and just banked $10k in incentives!
2024_04_16_15.05.44.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,516  
I mean, Id presume as battery tech advances, maybe quickly, that older models with inferior tech will depreciate. Though, Musk is on record saying current battery tech is sufficient.

Say that happens, the old model owners are still able to use the cars as they have been. The new super batteries will attract a new crowd with longer range no fire hazard maybe a bunch of personal VTOL's as well. I hope it happens. Yes it will drive down trade in value of my older EV but it is a Good thing in the end.
Maybe that is a good reason to wait a few more years on even considering an EV for most.

That said I am very happy with the MYP It put a smile on my face yesterday when a high line BMW pulled up on my right at the light and we went for a little run to the speed limit at light change. BMW must not have been running very well that day. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,517  
I keep cars for a very long time...

Nothing against EV but I'm not a new car buyer and not sure how smart it would be buying a 10-15 year old EV?

It I never bought another car I have plenty to keep me in wheels for a lifetime.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,518  
Say that happens, the old model owners are still able to use the cars as they have been. The new super batteries will attract a new crowd with longer range no fire hazard maybe a bunch of personal VTOL's as well. I hope it happens. Yes it will drive down trade in value of my older EV but it is a Good thing in the end.
Maybe that is a good reason to wait a few more years on even considering an EV for most.

That said I am very happy with the MYP It put a smile on my face yesterday when a high line BMW pulled up on my right at the light and we went for a little run to the speed limit at light change. BMW must not have been running very well that day. :)
It's strange when people don't like when others are happy with their EV purchase. That MYP (3.5 sec, 0-60 mph) will blow the doors off of most ICE cars.
It's fun to give the Y a little juice (pedal to the metal) and outrun an ICE that thinks their hot stuff. :D
That reminds me that I need to test drive a Model S.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,519  
Today the value of the company is based up on what is behind Elon's eyes and between his ears as is the case with any startup company, the value is all inside the entrepreneurs head.
No idea what sugar sprinkles, and rainbow bridges explanation you’re trying to achieve here, but Tesla is a publicly traded company now , and the price is dictated by stockholder’s, and potential stockholder’s view of the company’s worth and future worth.
Musk himself drove down the stock price when he sold millions of shares to buy Twitter, and other things.
He’s around a 20% shareholder now, depending on your sources.
Startup company? Seriously?
It was a startup 21 years ago, before he sold it public. It’s not a startup anymore.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,520  
Who said we don't like it if people like their cars (EVs)? The gaslighting. I don't have a vested interest in what others like or do. I'm starting to feel like some here really DO care what I think about cars and what I drive, mainly because they get emotional and spew insults.
I've never had a problem with what someone else drives. Only when they incessantly call me stupid, ignorant, etc because I don't share their view.