Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,602  
Actually people ARE still spending, which is why interest rates may not fall til 2025 now. People are spending...
Not a bad idea to get rid of worthless money now to grab real things before the currency collapses. Hope I get my house built in time.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,603  
I see Grumpy... Smiling sitting in the plush power seat of his new Tesla Model Y LR, since the price increased by a few thousand bucks to buy the same car today...

Then there is the 'included' 13 speaker + subwoofer, and two amps Hi Fidelity surround sound and the special sound deadening glass so outside noises don't intrude or disrupt while watching a Music concert in 4K hi definition.
And to think...all that luxury and features, partially paid for by taxpayers for the purpose of saving Mother Earth.
Makes sense to me!(???)!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,604  
Not a bad idea to get rid of worthless money now to grab real things before the currency collapses. Hope I get my house built in time.
It's a trend I am seeing...

Wanting something real after experiencing inflation.

Money as a medium has value because of faith is one way I have heard it expressed.

It the faith is shaken it's better to at least diversify?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,605  
I see Grumpy... Smiling sitting in the plush power seat of his new Tesla Model Y LR, since the price increased by a few thousand bucks to buy the same car today...

Then there is the 'included' 13 speaker + subwoofer, and two amps Hi Fidelity surround sound and the special sound deadening glass so outside noises don't intrude or disrupt while watching a Music concert in 4K hi definition.
Have said many times before, there was nothing it’s equal. It needs a better suspension.

Long time friend who is a “renewable energy nut”, who drives a 1974 Chevy pickup and 500,000 mile Chrysler 300 (or 500, looks like a gangster car) retired, got a PhD, doesn’t have a Tesla, never drove one until my Y a month or two ago. After, we played with the toys. Opened the YouTube app, he found a favorite song, turned up the volume and blew his mind. “I have to have one of these!” “Sorry Kyle, YouTube doesn’t play with car in motion. However you can play YouTube on your phone and Bluetooth the audio through the car.”

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,606  
So if I spend and extra $35k I can get solar to charge my car for free. $35k plus opportunity cost, doesn't sound free. The opportunity cost alone buys all of my fuel and then some each year... To say nothing about the initial $35k.
Revisionism again.

“Power house and most of my car’s needs” was my claim.

My old neighbor bought a new truck, because he would save money on gas. So, at the time $30k to save an additional 10mpg when he drove 6 miles round trip to work. 🤣. Its ok to want what you want, and not try to justify it with impossible calculations. I wanted a motorcycle... So I bought it. It consumes resources, with the only pay back being the joy it brings me. Then I bought two more, for the same reason.
You were not a good friend, you should have directed him to a Nissan LEAF for his 6 miles.

Sometimes one simply needs a new truck, any excuse is good enough. Just as I pointed out how many have more vehicles than they need or use, and for the cost of one (or less) I can have a solar system to power my house, and the car using any possible excess.

And unlike any ICE, I can produce my own power with no consumables or moving parts.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,607  
And to think...all that luxury and features, partially paid for by taxpayers for the purpose of saving Mother Earth.
Makes sense to me!(???)!
Keep telling yourself that. Eventually you’ll believe it.

How about those GM bailouts? Or Chrysler?

You have no idea whether I got tax credits or anything. I do pay a $200/year fee which is the gas tax equivalent of 21,000 miles at 25 MPG, no matter how much or little I drive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,608  
Think I am doing pretty well for myself. Retired at 55.5 and have made more every year since than I have spent.

So thank you for recognizing how smart I am.

I just listened to this guy on a podcast with a young person talking about wealth. He said his father at the age of 93 is a wealthy man because he has annual pension and social security income of $46,000 with annual expenses of $38,000 per year. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,609  
Tesla just Increased Model Y prices
no more rebates or price drops for a few days

RWD $3600
Long Range $5000
Performance $ 5300

Still a couple grand less than what they were a year ago.
That makes sense because as their volume decreases cost per unit increases. This is a big factor in the death spiral of the ICE vehicles as their production number goes down their cost per unit goes up.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,610  
Keep telling yourself that. Eventually you’ll believe it.

How about those GM bailouts? Or Chrysler?

You have no idea whether I got tax credits or anything. I do pay a $200/year fee which is the gas tax equivalent of 21,000 miles at 25 MPG, no matter how much or little I drive.
No comparison whatsoever.
"90% of qualifying electric-vehicle buyers opt for $7,500 'new clean vehicle' tax credit as upfront payment, Treasury says"

PUBLISHED FRI, APR 12 2024 10:04 AM EDT