Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation?

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #11  
I guess you didn't see my post 2 ahead of yours. Go to the link I provided to get the Battery Minder a little cheaper, with free ground shipping.

And yes, I have one, and bought one after hearing from many others that swear by this charger.

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #12  
<font color="blue"> You mean to say that no one has their battery acid tested every 100 hours or so ? </font>
Depends if you're running dino battery acid or synthetic battery acid. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #13  
I completely missed that post. Was fighting a huge migraine yesterday so it's not too suprising. Have you tried the battery minder on dead batteries that wouldn't hold a charge to see if it would resurect them?

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #14  
About the worst battery I had it on was an ATV battery that drained out before I got the Battery Minder, but was only a couple of years old, so it probably wasn't the best test of the charger.

I did keep one of my truck batteries going with the Battery Minder, but after doing a complete draindown on the battery one day in the parking lot, I bought new ones because it wasn't too convenient trying to hook up the charger every night, especially for 2 batteries.

It seems to do a great job of keeping all of my part time use batteries in tip-top shape, but that's with alternating the charger between all the different batteries every month or so. They make these cables that you can permanently mount to the battery in the vehicle, then you just plug in the charger without having to pop the hood, cover, etc. I only have one of those, and haven't decided which battery to hook it up to. I really should get a Battery Minder for each and every battery in each vehicle, toy, etc. since many of them sit for periods of time, and leave them all plugged in all the time when not in use. The charger will not overcharge, and will keep the battery in new condition, fully charged, ready for use, no matter how long something sits.

And, if nothing else, the charger is very small, so it's a lot easier to use than a standard charger. I haven't used my standard battery charger for a few years, since I got the Battery Minder.

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #15  
Bandit67, I took your advice and got a Minder from that website shortly after your post. BTW, xlnt service from them. I had 2 old-ish RV/marine batteries that I let sit tooo long. I let them sit for a month on the de-sulfate function. Then unplugged and started the standard charge cycle. Unfortunately, it never went into the maintenance/de-sulfate mode from there ... which it is supposed to do IF there is no more sulfation present. BUMMER !!!!!!
SOOooo, I said, "to heck with that!!!" As I did not need one of the RV batteries for some time to come, I just left it plugged in on the de-sulfate mode. It took 2-1/2 months but, I'll be gall derned if that doggoned Minder didn't de-sulfate that battery!!!!!! I put it back on the standard charge function and within an hour it automatically switched to maintenance/de-sulfate mode, just like the instructions said it was supposed to. WAY COOL!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!
Cheers!

/ Battery treatment chemicals for sulfation? #16  
One more time. I had another old battery that didn't take a charge well. I stuck it on the MINDer for a month and it would NOT go from charge mode to maintenance/de-sulfate mode (which requires the battery to take a 14V charge). Sooo, I let it sit on maintenance/de-sulfate mode for 3 full months. Tonight I reset the MINDer to charge mode. It only took about a minute for it to go into maintenance/de-sulfate mode.
Again, a very COOL charger/conditioner.
Cheers!