BCS Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter

/ BCS Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter #1  

NibbanaFarm

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 739, Cub Cadet 2544
Greetings Tractor Men,

I want to make some wheel extensions for my BCS 739. I made some barbell weight hangers a long time ago but can't remember the wheel bolt circle diameter. I think I remember it being in one of my many manuals. Would take some searching. I could also do some measuring, but does anybody know what this measurement is off the top of their head? Maybe it was around 4 11/16 inches or 120 mm or something like that?

Thanks.
Nibbana

/ BCS Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter
Hi NibbanaFarm ;)

BCSSHOP states the bolt pattern in post #8 in this thread: Oversized wheels on a BCS

Best regards

Jens

Thanks Jens. He says the measurement is 100mm. That's for a BCS 942 (?) which I'm not sure is the same or not. I went out and tried to accurately measure the weight hangers I made. It looks like I used 7/16 inch (11.1125 mm) holes and a bolt circle diameter of 3 11/16 inches (93.6625 mm). They do fit very tightly but the holes are not much bigger than the size of the wheel bolts so I can't believe I am that far off. The only explanation I can think of is that the ones sold in the EU are different from those sold in the US or that the 739 is different.

I'll have to pull a wheel and do some very accurate measuring.

Edited to add: The bcsamerica.com website sells four different width wheel extensions and says they are compatible with all tractor models. So all the tractors are the same. So I think that the tractor models sold in the US have a different wheel bolt setup. Probably not 100 mm bolt circle diameter.

Nibbana

Last edited:
   / BCS Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter #4  
Hi again Nibbana ;)

Your original post made me curious of course, and I finally had the time to look into this topic a few days ago.

As I read the post from BCSSHOP some years ago, I thought that a bolt pattern of 100 mm looked and sounded reasonable, so that was what I was expecting to see as I removed the wheels on my tractor and put a vernier caliper on the studs. To my surprise that was not what I found, as I got much closer to the numbers that you state above: 94.6 mm or 3 23/32’’ between opposite studs.

There are probably a lot of different bolt patterns around, and 100 mm patterns in the metric world sounds reasonable, as does a 4’’ pattern in the imperial world. Our measures makes little sense to me therefore, but perhaps there is a good explanation to these odd numbers? :unsure:

I find it difficult to believe that BCS would make different bolt patterns for different models and markets, as that would be the perfect recipe for disaster I think. Imagine all the different sizes they had to have, and all the trouble and misunderstandings it could/would lead to :mad:

Best regards

Jens

/ BCS Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter
Hi again Nibbana ;)

Your original post made me curious of course, and I finally had the time to look into this topic a few days ago.

As I read the post from BCSSHOP some years ago, I thought that a bolt pattern of 100 mm looked and sounded reasonable, so that was what I was expecting to see as I removed the wheels on my tractor and put a vernier caliper on the studs. To my surprise that was not what I found, as I got much closer to the numbers that you state above: 94.6 mm or 3 23/32’’ between opposite studs.

There are probably a lot of different bolt patterns around, and 100 mm patterns in the metric world sounds reasonable, as does a 4’’ pattern in the imperial world. Our measures makes little sense to me therefore, but perhaps there is a good explanation to these odd numbers? :unsure:

I find it difficult to believe that BCS would make different bolt patterns for different models and markets, as that would be the perfect recipe for disaster I think. Imagine all the different sizes they had to have, and all the trouble and misunderstandings it could/would lead to :mad:

Best regards

Jens
I completely agree Jens. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Quite insane. !00mm or 4" would work equally well for me but they're not either. The number is 3 11/16 inches plus or minus a few tenths of a millimeter at most. I've made a number of accessories at that dimension and all fit perfectly without a lot of clearance.

Maybe BCS wanted to make absolutely sure that no other brand or aftermarket wheels would bolt up by using an unusual size. Ensuring their monopoly on BCS wheels.