Chipper BearCat 70580 chipper shredder or Wallenstien BX32s

/ BearCat 70580 chipper shredder or Wallenstien BX32s #1  

Allan_Cen_Ont

What I would like to know about these chippers is does the Bearcat one have a screen in it for the chipping or shredding to be done or is it like the wallenstien BX32s that doesn't use a screen when chipping I can't find any infor on the Bearcat chipper/shredder. Is a MF GC 2310 TLB able to run the BX32s chipper or is it on the low end of the HP for running it . The Bearcat is a towable chipper/shredder with a 8 hp Honda Motor. Thanks for any help folks

/ BearCat 70580 chipper shredder or Wallenstien BX32s #2  
This might help or might not. I have a Crary BearCat Model 554 3pt 5" chipper. It has a screen. I have 7/8" holes in the screen - great for chipping and DRY mulching. Clogs mulching wet leaves ect. Need the larger holes for that.
Don't know if it is anything like the 580 maybe you can tell from the picture.
The blower is an addon option.

Attachments

• Chipper1.JPG
    Chipper1.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 587
   / BearCat 70580 chipper shredder or Wallenstien BX32s
This might help or might not. I have a Crary BearCat Model 554 3pt 5" chipper. It has a screen. I have 7/8" holes in the screen - great for chipping and DRY mulching. Clogs mulching wet leaves ect. Need the larger holes for that.
Don't know if it is anything like the 580 maybe you can tell from the picture.
The blower is an addon option.

The 580 is similar to the 554 you have, the only difference is the the mulching opening is tilted more to the side instead of loading from the top like yours . It also has the on it and is a 3" chipper/shredder. This helps me out nicely as I have heard that with the screens they plug with wet or green leaves when you mulch them but as you say with larger holes it may not clog as much . How many screens came with your chipper and were they included with the machine or did you have to get them separate.