Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota...

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #1  

rjkobbeman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD-12 2010
Well, it has been a few years since I posted here (except for a post or two a week or so ago). Been busy working, working on the house, etc., etc. Anyway, my M8540 has been serving me well but finally had to replace my riding mower...

.. so, I "bought" a GR2120. Based on the specs, it seems like it would serve me well. I have been using an old Home Depot GT2554 with ags on the rear, but I knew I had to have 4wd on my next one. Well, the GR was the very disappointing. In a nutshell, it could not pull my steep hills. Basically the same old tranny issues that have been stated for years. (I figured I would give it the benefit of the doubt and hope it was better now. I was wrong.) I still can't believe the GR -- in all its 4wd diesel glory -- could not do what my beat-up-piece-o-you-know-what 2wd mower could do (when it was still running good). In any case, due to several circumstances that worked in my favor, my dealer was very accommodating. I returned it and took home a BX2370-1 (BX2370RV60-1 -- BX2370-1 with 60" mower deck and loader valve, but no loader).

After using the BX, I can't believe how lucky I am that things worked out this way. I should have never second-guessed myself and bought the BX in the first place.

I have had it for 5 or 6 mowings and have about 25 hours on it. Just added a front grill, front hitch (FabWorks OEM), LED ROPS lights, tool box and a big clevis. It is starting to feel like my own.

One project I have been working on is fabricating a wire spool holder and feed pipe on a subsoiler so I can install an underground dog fence for my dog Louie. The fence will be approximately 1000' in circumference.

I ordered a rear auxiliary hydraulic valve kit for it a few days ago. There is a new part number for the 70 series and the price is up a little, but still a ton less than a valve for my M. Can't wait to install that. Will start looking for a hydraulic toplink.

Anyway... just checking in a giving a "status update". If anyone has any questions, fire away. It is always nice to talk to folks with similar equipment... especially if you are trying to make a buying decision.

I will post some pix soon.

Later all...

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota...
Just a few pictures...

WP_20150407_001.jpgWP_20150407_002.jpgWP_20150413_001.jpgWP_20150417_002.jpgWP_20150424_001.jpgWP_20150424_002.jpgWP_20150417_004.jpgWP_20150510_007.jpgWP_20150510_008.jpgWP_20150510_009.jpg

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #3  
Welcome "back".Nice looking property.I have a GR2120 that I find doesn't have the power I thought it would but I am able to mow up some pretty steep hills.Makes me wonder if yours was adjusted properly but it doesn't matter now.Good luck with BX.

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #4  
Welcome back, looks like everything worked out!

Nice use of the EMT, but really, die cast connector?? Tsk, tsk. :D

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #5  
Good luck with the new 'bota. I just bought a Husqvarna with an automatic slip differential for my steep lawn. This thing feels like it's in 4-wheel drive on the flats.

Attachments

• Husqvarna.jpg
    Husqvarna.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 295
   / Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #6  
Welcome back. My Son-in-law works on small engines and equipment and he says Kubota is the best.

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota...
Never used EMT before. Is that frowned upon in "the industry"? For my use, it will work OK. Not much stress going on there.

Also, I forgot to say that the EMT can rotate freely in the straps... so when making a slow curve in the ground, the tail can follow the trench.

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #8  
Welcome back, we have two BXs a 2200 and 2660 in addition to our other tractors and love them. We replaced a John Deere 425 as we really need 4WD.

/ Been away for a few years, but bought another Kubota... #9  
EMT is not frowned upon! I've made lawn furniture, clothes poles of many varieties, and, of course, some really great custom exhaust systems!! Just about every electrician has, just unusual to see someone not in the trade use it.

Kind of like old linemen, if they have a wooden fence, all the posts are very likely to be cross arms! Nothing lasts like creosote cross arms.

Great idea to leave it a little slack to follow the trench, now we expect even greater things from you, hard to live up to a reputation sometimes.

George