beet juice

/ beet juice #1  

grasswhacker103

Tractor
2017 ventrac 4500Z
does anyone have beet juice in their tires and would you recommend it or some other tire ballast ?

/ beet juice #2  
I recommend it, it's environmentally safe and non corrosive. Search for RimGuard if you cannot find beet juice.

/ beet juice #3  
If I had 4-ply rated AG or turf tires I'd want wheel weights vs worry about the mess of a tire puncture. With 6-ply R4s I don't worry about that, even when grappling thorny stuff like autumn olive or locust.

I'm quite happy with Rim Guard and recommend it. Just one trick: rotate the air valve to the top and puff a wee bit of air into it when checking tire pressure. (still important) This should minimize gumming up a pressure gauge.

/ beet juice #4  
I had Rim Guard installed in my Kubota when I bought it in 2009. Not had a bit of any problems with it. I, first year, used the 12 'O clock high method to check tire pressure. Now - much easier method. Roll the tractor out on the rock hard driveway. Check that the rear tires leave a chevron pattern all the way across the tread. For my tires that equals around 16 psi. Front tires are set at 30 psi. 30 is max recommended on tire sidewall. I run R-1 tires.

/ beet juice #5  
My 2019 tractor came with filled tires. Does anyone know what fluid the dealers typically use to fill the rears. I both hope and can't believe it's pure water.

/ beet juice #6  
My 2019 tractor came with filled tires. Does anyone know what fluid the dealers typically use to fill the rears. I both hope and can't believe it's pure water.

Let out a squirt or 2 and do a taste/smell test.
Salty= bad news, sweet= great, that's 'beet juice', tasteless= pure water.

Or U could freeze the juice to determine if cold protected B4 doing the other tests.

(Water could be polluted but doubt beet juice/salt would be.)

/ beet juice #7  
I don't think there is a "typical" fluid. Roll your valve stem to 12 'O clock and press the valve pin - just momentarily. This will give you a tiny bit of whatever is in the tire. Pure water( I doubt ) - NaCl laced water( I hope not ) - RV antifreeze or windshield washer fluid - that's OK - - Rim Guard - that's OK. Taste whatever sprays out on your finger - it won't make you sick or kill you.

If we knew where the OP lived we might eliminate pure water. NaCl - salty. RV antifreeze or WW fluid - might have slight alcohol taste. Rim Guard - dark red, like blood - thick like maple syrup - very sweet.

/ beet juice #8  
Then there's that cheap vodka that wasn't high enough proof to be used as a disinfectant. :D

If you're not familiar, the problem with 'chloride' is that it's so corrosive. CaCl granules will 'sweat' at >18% humidity. (hygroscopic) In any common environmental condition it's giving what it touches, is spilled onto, etc, a salt water bath. In Michigan it's sprayed onto dirt roads to keep dust down. Cars rust and winter road salt get blamed, but it dries at < 82% humidity.

There's oxygen in water, so rims can rust from the inside if any gets past a tube and between a rim. Chloride in tubeless tires is just scary to think about.

/ beet juice
I had Rim Guard installed in my Kubota when I bought it in 2009. Not had a bit of any problems with it. I, first year, used the 12 'O clock high method to check tire pressure. Now - much easier method. Roll the tractor out on the rock hard driveway. Check that the rear tires leave a chevron pattern all the way across the tread. For my tires that equals around 16 psi. Front tires are set at 30 psi. 30 is max recommended on tire sidewall. I run R-1 tires.

thank you.