Befco 6'BB...a match for L2800?

/ Befco 6'BB...a match for L2800? #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
Befco 6\'BB...a match for L2800?

I would check my Kubota manual, but it has grown legs. My dealer, who sold me my machine, says the L2800 should pull a 6'BB just fine, so I took it. I haven't tried it yet, but I seem to remember the manual limiting BB size to 5'. Any opinions? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Befco 6'BB...a match for L2800? #2  
Re: Befco 6\'BB...a match for L2800?

Is it a 28 Hp machine?

If so, 5' is about right. You could pull a 6 footer, but you will need to use a very low gear. Width isn't everything! Speed and flexibility can be just as important!

You need to be able to pull a BB with authority. Barely pulling it will limit you. Sometimes you need to pull it at a good clip and "throw" it around to spread dirt neatly and efficiently.

My TC35 35 HP just pulls a Bush Hog 6 footer with power. Granted, the Bush Hog is heavy at ~650#, but it really maxes out my tractor. I don't think 30 Hp or less could handle it.

/ Befco 6'BB...a match for L2800?

Well, after running out to pick up pins for the top link, I got to experiment with the BB.
What an amazing tool! In 4wd, 2nd gear low, her 28 horses had no problem pulling the full box, even with the rippers almost all the way down. Made a beautiful smooth area out of a lunar landscape in just a few minutes.
I guess my dealer does know a thing or two! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Befco 6'BB...a match for L2800? #4  

My L2800 HST will pull my 66" Bush Hog brand BB in med spd for semi wet - dry soil and low spd for wet clay and black gumbo. It does a fine job.
A few days ago I was leveling out an area that was close quarters to my shop and awning post, I removed the FEL and had no problems leveling everything out and I didn't put any holes in my shop or hit any post /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif