Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic

/ Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic #1  

cubby1450

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1450 hydrostatic
My 1450 hydrostatic shredded an old belt. I caught a limb and it just shredded the belt into many pieces and took out a wire that went from the regulator (it's the round part that connects one end of spark plug).

1) I wasn't sure of the belt size. The parts place told me to measure one blade and multiply it by the 3 blades. One blade measured 17", so that's 51. The size belt they sold me was 50" which is the biggest they have for this model. The next size down was 42", and that would be too small. I put the belt on and it is really loose around the deck and pulleys in the front. The routing is correct. There are two nuts connecting to a bolt on the front right pulley for tightening, but I've got the nuts as tight as they'll go and there's still a lot of play in the belt at the deck. Don't know what to do to tighten it anymore.
2) The wire that broke was copper with 19 threads of copper wire. I'm not sure what kind of wire to replace it with. If I use a different type of wire that's not copper, will it make a difference? I'm guessing it will. What type of wire do I replace it with?

/ Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic #2  
Here is a link to cub belts: CUB CADET BELTS

I think that the spark plug wire is just like what you can get at the auto parts store.

/ Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic #4  
Do you have the belt run correctly? Is the deck rounded on the left side or flat?

You should be able to remove the wire and compare to get an equal size or diameter.

/ Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic #5  
OP - Here's a link to a Kohler K-321 engine parts list: http://www.kohlerengines.com/home.htm
Select K-Series from engine pulldown menu
From that next page, Select "parts lookup" from top pulldown menus.
Enter site as "guest". Select "K-Series (at bottom R/H page).
Select "K-321" Go to bottom of that page and download the K-321 parts list (a .pdf file).
The failed wire you describe may be the hi-tension spark plug wire. Look on Pp 59 of the parts list to determine..

Last edited:
   / Belt Loose Cub Cadel 1450 Hydostatic
Thanks to all of you for the helpful info. I did find out that the belt is called the "Mule Drive Belt." I got a replacement, and I was able to match up the wire with an 18 gauge wire from the auto parts store. Now I have a new problem posted under title, "1450 Front Hanger Assembly Falling Off." I'm guessing it has something to do with what happened when the belt broke causing the deck to go crooked. See my new thread.:confused2:

Thanks again.