Loader bending metal on loader

/ bending metal on loader #11  
I have a LS U5030 with a LL5102 loader. I have bent or completely broken in two at least 3 sets of the curl or "c" shaped brackets (don't know what they are called) that attach to the loader. Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems to happen with very little pressure or at least it seems they shouldn't bee bending/snapping so easily. Does anyone know what they are called and perhaps a part number? I've had to get them through the dealer who has taken them off of a tractor he has in inventory so I haven't gotten a part number yet.

Yes, this just happened to me the other day. I have an R4041H. My dealer covered under 1 year loader warranty and pulled a set off one of their tractors to get me rolling again. It seems to me if LS were to put more metal under the curve of the links this wouldn't happen. The links would look more like a triangle rather than a strap of metal and would still serve the same purpose without interference. The dealer seemed to think if they were beefed up then there would be issues at the cylinder mounts. I agreed that could be a potential but I'd like to know what LS's view on it is. Would it in fact cause issues somewhere else if these things didn't give away? Is LS aware this happens and if so is a safeguard for the rest of the loader?
20140615_182353.jpg

/ bending metal on loader #12  
Yes, this just happened to me the other day. I have an R4041H. My dealer covered under 1 year loader warranty and pulled a set off one of their tractors to get me rolling again. It seems to me if LS were to put more metal under the curve of the links this wouldn't happen. The links would look more like a triangle rather than a strap of metal and would still serve the same purpose without interference. The dealer seemed to think if they were beefed up then there would be issues at the cylinder mounts. I agreed that could be a potential but I'd like to know what LS's view on it is. Would it in fact cause issues somewhere else if these things didn't give away? Is LS aware this happens and if so is a safeguard for the rest of the loader?
View attachment 379577

Oh man that doesn't look good!

/ bending metal on loader #13  
Has anyone found out the reason for these failures? I'm within a couple of weeks of pulling the trigger on a XR3032H myself. It had to have taken some extreme pressure to make those brackets bend like that.

I know someone suggested the cylinders may be out of sync causing pressure build up. Is it possible that's the cause?

/ bending metal on loader #14  
What was the circumstance that may have caused this? Any ideas?

/ bending metal on loader #15  
Has anyone found out the reason for these failures? I'm within a couple of weeks of pulling the trigger on a XR3032H myself. It had to have taken some extreme pressure to make those brackets bend like that.

I know someone suggested the cylinders may be out of sync causing pressure build up. Is it possible that's the cause?
I think those links are in compression when you push and/or lift -- the links are buckling, right? ... Due to the rather short lever point from bucket pivot to the link connection this compression force escalates to the extreme as the bucket is used in more "uncurled" positions when piushing or lifting. LS should be fixing this design problem.
larry
No. It is not the cylinders out of sync. It is a faulty design, as stated.
larry

/ bending metal on loader #16  
I believe mine buckeled when I was pushing on a cedar stump/tree...only thing I can think of I was doing that would have caused enough pressure to do this. Im pretty sure it wasn't caused from back blading of any sort. I was using the tractor for moving/clearing trees that fell over from a recent storm passing through. I'm not mad or disappointed in the equipment as anything can happen if done just right and it looks like I accomplished this. LS has these links on every tractor I saw up to 50hp. I haven't seen anything larger than that on my dealer's lot. You'd think they would know of the issue by now, if it were a design flaw, especially if they're being replaced under the loader's one year warranty. Did OP ever mention how he thought his were bent/broke?

/ bending metal on loader #17  
Backblading pulls on the links. The pics show its compression that is killing them and that happens when the cyls are pulling the linkage as in curling or resisting uncurl. My Mahindra 7520 has the same type of linkage but the metal is thicker and the pivot points are further apart on the bucket carrier. Theres 1300 hrs and lots of heavy loader work, all variety, on it so the design is competent. The failures in the LS loader are proof of a problem. Dont even think of it being your fault.
larry.

/ bending metal on loader #18  
Looks very very easy to beef it up. A 1/2" roundstock welded on the outside edge following that curve will increase the load that link will accept before buckling. If that link is a "fuse" though,,,, adding strength to this link may not be a wise thing to do. Would be great if LS would come simply clarify the reasoning.

Those parts could probably be flattened out, braced (as above) and re-used if the dealer doesn't have them. But if it's a fuse I bet bracing it could void warranties.

/ bending metal on loader #19  
A fuse like that would ultimately lead to dropping something at a very inopportune time ... like on somebody.

/ bending metal on loader #20  
The dealer seemed to think if they were beefed up then there would be issues at the cylinder mounts. I agreed that could be a potential but I'd like to know what LS's view on it is. Would it in fact cause issues somewhere else if these things didn't give away?

A fuse like that would ultimately lead to dropping something at a very inopportune time ... like on somebody.

This link (in the fuse theory) will either compress or stretch, I don't think it drops anything.

If in fact it is (in part) a fuse, highest forces are when the bucket is curled all the way down, precisely the condition where forces multiply, and may be a need to protect the bucket curl cylinders or other mounts. I suspect it is shaped this way to give the bucket more curl while protecting the components in this extended curl position. Seems strange that LS wouldn't state this (again, following the 'fuse' theory) so people know whats going on rather than guessing about their quality.

Ryan what was the bucket angle when you pushed on this cedar tree?