Benifical Use Biosolids

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
Just had +30 Tons of Class A pasteurized, pathogen tested, metals tested pile of composted dead bugs that died happy eating poop delivered.

I think you could mix this stuff with beach sand and turn the sand into loam.

I'll have to mix a few piles of it in with the manure and spread it

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #2  
Several farms around me just spread it on their fields. Great source of Nitrogen. It does smell for several days after it is spread. Rick

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #4  
I may be stupid, please explain. :confused:

Bacteria from the poop plant. Then the solids are "baked" with lime to kill any pathogens including the "good" bacteria.

I got a buddy in "poop management" lol. He says I can have a truckload of class A for free when I do my lawn.. still deciding if its a good idea to spread behind the house.:licking: He said if I till it in there would be no issues and its the best fertilizer you can buy.

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #5  
Bacteria from the poop plant. Then the solids are "baked" with lime to kill any pathogens including the "good" bacteria.

I got a buddy in "poop management" lol. He says I can have a truckload of class A for free when I do my lawn.. still deciding if its a good idea to spread behind the house.:licking: He said if I till it in there would be no issues and its the best fertilizer you can buy.

I see. I didn't know what "Class A" was.

It can't smell any worse than the chicken litter I spread on the fields. Can it?

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #6  
Here in Austin Texas we have something called Dillo Dirt. It is human solid waste that has been baked and made safe then mixed with green waste, lawn clippings, leaves and chipped branches.

Last year I spread about seven yards of it out at the ranch around the house and a bit at home on the lawn. It was amazing how well it did in both places. In fact it seems that the nitrogen rich material has stifled the sticker burs and we had much less weeds than I can remember.

Just last weekend I picked up seven more yards and spread it on two food plots I planted. Time will tell... As a test I spread it on only half of one food plot just to see what happens.

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #7  
I see. I didn't know what "Class A" was.

It can't smell any worse than the chicken litter I spread on the fields. Can it?

IMHO it really doesn't smell that bad, certainly not as bad as some chicken or hog manure I've smelled. I think it's more of a psychological thing.

/ Benifical Use Biosolids #8  
IMHO it really doesn't smell that bad, certainly not as bad as some chicken or hog manure I've smelled. I think it's more of a psychological thing.

Well I can understand the psychological part.

I may be messed up in the head, but I've spread enough chicken litter that I don't think it smells that bad either. I wouldn't wear the same clothes to town after being around it though.

/ Benifical Use Biosolids
Class B Sludge is usually incinerated or landfilled around New England as potentially adding stuff like chromium and salmonella to your dirt/water table is not a good thing.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/rmirecycles

The sludge does smell a bit when fresh. I been mixing 35%/65% with horse manure and spreading it. Sucks when you terra-form and end up scraping away the top soil

/ Benifical Use Biosolids
Here in Austin Texas we have something called Dillo Dirt. It is human solid waste that has been baked and made safe then mixed with green waste, lawn clippings, leaves and chipped branches.

Last year I spread about seven yards of it out at the ranch around the house and a bit at home on the lawn. It was amazing how well it did in both places. In fact it seems that the nitrogen rich material has stifled the sticker burs and we had much less weeds than I can remember.

Just last weekend I picked up seven more yards and spread it on two food plots I planted. Time will tell... As a test I spread it on only half of one food plot just to see what happens.

I would imagine "Dillo Dirt" has been composted and baked to kill the bugs. Human Waste has high BOD, its beat to let the bugs break it down before spreading it. If not I sure hope it is safe as some tree huggers have gotten themselves sick from recycling their own waste in their garden.