3-Point Hitch Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra.

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra. #1  

Acethe3rd

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I have read the old posts, posted, got no response. I have welded them where they broke, then they broke again. Not in the weld but in that cheap, porous metal. My buddy and I have tried everything. I am checking in to see if anyone has responded to my earlier posts before I go back out and walk where I bush hogged and try to find the other end of my telescoping sway arm. The pins keep falling out. I thought maybe the grass or brush was pulling them out so I turned them upside down in the arms. They still fell out. They are the right size. My neighbor farmed for 70 years and he has been trying to help me on this never ending fiasco and we are trying to find a solution and not buy the same pot metal slotted, weak material. Any help will be much appreciated.

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra. #2  
I have read the old posts, posted, got no response. I have welded them where they broke, then they broke again. Not in the weld but in that cheap, porous metal. My buddy and I have tried everything. I am checking in to see if anyone has responded to my earlier posts before I go back out and walk where I bush hogged and try to find the other end of my telescoping sway arm. The pins keep falling out. I thought maybe the grass or brush was pulling them out so I turned them upside down in the arms. They still fell out. They are the right size. My neighbor farmed for 70 years and he has been trying to help me on this never ending fiasco and we are trying to find a solution and not buy the same pot metal slotted, weak material. Any help will be much appreciated.

Check_chain_telescopic_2_no._E005558120R92__85625.1475771695.1280.1280.jpg

You mean this? I'd make a new set, if it were me.

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra. #3  
Just broke one two days ago. The design is weak. I ground a groove in the center of the pin sleeve that attaches to the rear axle. Then used chain to make a new stabilizer. The adjustment is limited but a twist in the chain can get you a little. I don’t think this is a forever solution but it will get me by till I can find a good replacement.

1538 is about 14 1/2” long and has 7/8” hole on the rear axle and 1/2” hole on the 3pt link.

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra.
Just broke one two days ago. The design is weak. I ground a groove in the center of the pin sleeve that attaches to the rear axle. Then used chain to make a new stabilizer. The adjustment is limited but a twist in the chain can get you a little. I don’t think this is a forever solution but it will get me by till I can find a good replacement.

1538 is about 14 1/2” long and has 7/8” hole on the rear axle and 1/2” hole on the 3pt link.

Thank you RNeuman. You are right. I have thought about chains but wanted to see other ideas. Everything will come close to fitting, then there is always that one thing I would have to change. I think I can make some out of good material, wished there was an easier way. I just found the end that came off, right in the middle of the pasture. They certainly messed this part up. Nice meeting you on here. I love the tractor but these stabilizers have to go.

Check_chain_telescopic_2_no._E005558120R92__85625.1475771695.1280.1280.jpg

You mean this? I'd make a new set, if it were me.

That is close. The connection to the lift arms are different. I think I am going to have to. Everything else has “failed” stamped to it. Thank you tkevan.

Here is one. IMG_7330.JPG

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra. #8  
Or I’ll use one of these two options-

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

/ Bent, broken telescoping anti sway arms on Mahindra. #10