Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder.

/ Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder. #1  

Reddogs

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 / Kubota L3301
Was putting on my JD 7 backhoe on my JD 790, and it is a real issue every time, there has to be a better way to put a backhoe back on. I cannot get the bottom rails to click and lock to say nothing of reaching and getting the top pin in place. I don't know what the engineers were thinking when they designed it, but long and short one of it is the bottom hydraulic cylinders is crushed with the rod bent and the bottom rails still not in place. There has to be a better way to get the backhoe on.... Not even getting into the faulty design...

Last edited:
   / Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder. #2  
Was putting on my JD 7 backhoe on my JD 790, and it is a real issue every time, there has to be a better way to put a backhoe back on. I cannot get the bottom rails to click and lock to say nothing of reaching and getting the top pin in place. I don't know what the engineers were thinking when they designed it, but long and short one of it is the bottom hydraulic cylinders is crushed with the rod bent and the bottom rails still not in place. There has to be a better way to get the backhoe on.... Not even getting into the faulty design...

Pics??

/ Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder. #3  
All I can tell you is the generic answer to these hoes. If possible when putting it on try yo have 2 people. Much easier. Second is flat and LEVEL. If it’s not you will swear a lot things will get out of control ect. it better be leave from tractor front to rear of hoe ! Otherwise much swearing. lately I’ve been sitting mine on flat ground setting on 2 square 4’ long blocking rails. They’re easy to stash when not needed and are just the right height to go under my hooks when raised on the stabilizers and drop right on………more or less😉

/ Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder.
All I can tell you is the generic answer to these hoes. If possible when putting it on try yo have 2 people. Much easier. Second is flat and LEVEL. If it’s not you will swear a lot things will get out of control ect. it better be leave from tractor front to rear of hoe ! Otherwise much swearing. lately I’ve been sitting mine on flat ground setting on 2 square 4’ long blocking rails. They’re easy to stash when not needed and are just the right height to go under my hooks when raised on the stabilizers and drop right on………more or less😉
I had my brother in law and he couldnt understand how the rail system hooked up underneath the tractor, and it went sideways and I think that is when the hydraulic cylinder got crushed. The design doesnt work to have to get the rails in underneath then raise it to lock the pin on top, the rails never go in correctly and I have to get underneath with a crowbar to align it.

/ Bent my John Deere 7 Backhoe hydraulic cylinder.