Benzi & Diterlizza Slip Clutch?

/ Benzi & Diterlizza Slip Clutch? #1  

Jackrabbit_Slim

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710
Anyone ever heard of this one, please? I'm wondering about setting it and can't find a thing anywhere.

Thanks,

Slim

/ Benzi & Diterlizza Slip Clutch?
Many thanks for the information.

Yes, it was sold as whole goods and yes, I suspect getting information on setting this is going to be a bit of a trial.

We're pretty limited as to selection of implements and attachments where I'm living. It seems most of it comes from a distributor over on the mainland and for some reason it all ships without a slip clutch. (And considering the rock and root we have out here, I think a slip clutch should almost be mandatory on things like rotary cutters and tillers.)

This particular one is going on a new Maschio W125 tiller and I haven't been able to find a reference for it in the manual. Then again, I'm waiting for the manual to dry out... it was in a leaky bag taped to the tiller.

I want to put another slip clutch on my 60 inch rotary cutter. This is one of those beasts out of Bethel, Ohio and comes supplied with a half inch by three and a half inch shear bolt. I can almost stall the tractor without popping the bolt, and that worries me. The distributor on the mainland has more or less expropriated the original manual for this and photo copied it with their logo all over it.

In this "manual" they call for a slip clutch spring setting of 28.5 mm for a 20HP PTO rating. The problem, of course, is that they don't specify a specific slip clutch to set at 28.5 mm.

I've gotta tell you. I really envy the selection and price available to you folks south of the border.

Thanks again,

Slim