BERCO cab for B7510

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
I've wanted a cab for a long time for winter use, even more once I got a 3 pt snowblower 2 years ago... Really sucks taking a face full of snow when the wind isn't cooperating... Just wanted something to keep the snow off the face? I thought about a piece of plexi glass mounted behind the rops.

Cant afford or see spending the money for a Curtis cab, no matter how nice they are for a few months of use?bI thought about one of the Sears craftsmen cover they make for the lawn tractors, but seemed too flimsy and I dont think it would have fit over my sunshade.

I found the Berco recently, thru a web search. Only $350. Comes with its own framing but fits almost perfect over my sunshade and supports. Small opening in the front. But thats not where the bulk of the blowing snow is.. I'll see how bad the lights are under the plastic and then relocate them They are not LED, but dont run that hot. If they start melting the plastic or the light distribution falls short then I'll have to fab some new mounts outside the cab and maybe go Led then?

2012-03-12_14-20-17_212.jpgCab (1).jpgCab (2).jpgCab (3).jpg

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #2  
Looks like it will do the job quite nicely. I recently put a canopy on my L3000DT and wouldn't go without it in the winter. Don't have to deal with the snow so much as the bitter wind and rain.

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #3  
That looks like a slick solution. You will likely discover that the problem with having the lights inside won't be melting plastic. My guess is the lights on the inside will create substantial glare and make it difficult to see out.

I notice that if I'm wearing a light colored shirt at night the light from the screen of my rear camera hits the shirt and reflects on the windshield.

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #4  
I bought a 3PT snowblower this year and same as you didn't want to spend $1500-3000 for a cab, so I found this Greenline golf cart cover $130 that fits on the top of my B21 nearly perfectly.

I have the same concern with the lights, but the amount of time I blow snow in the dark is minimal. Time will tell - once we get some snow! If anything like last year it will get a workout this year!

Attachments

• B21 SB 60.JPG
    B21 SB 60.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 163
  • B21 SB 60-2.JPG
    B21 SB 60-2.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 298
  • B21 Golf Cart Cab.jpg
    B21 Golf Cart Cab.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 383
   / BERCO cab for B7510 #5  
Both of those cabs are a good frugal solution. Twelve years ago I only had my tractor for a year when I decided blowing snow and wind while plowing was not for me. I was lucky enough to get a couple of old cab parts for $20 and fabricated my own soft sides and back using the clear vinyl that is also on your cabs for windows. But I never liked the distorted look and made an inexpensive upgrade this year. You can check it out here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/348322-i-can-see-clearly-now.html. Firefighter, I would say that since your lights are not LED I don't think you'll have a problem with them burning through the vinyl but they will likely dry it out after several hours of use and the vinyl will yellow and crack.

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #6  
If you have a upholstery shop close by, and removing the top is not to much trouble, could you check with the shop about cutting you holes for the lights. Sew a cloth tube into the hole with a drawstring closure. Slide the tube over the light and snug it with the draw string, the lights would be outside the closure as before.

Hope that was clear.

/ BERCO cab for B7510
I dis connected the forward lights and mounted a small LED lightbar on the front sunshade edge, over the cover. I have a grommet kit and installed two grommets in the cover and slid the bolts thru the grommets.

For the rear, I bought 2 LED lamps... So far not too much glare back. Will see as things go on...

Zmanszac, Nice job with the Lexan. I can see that being the next upgrade for the windscreen..

/ BERCO cab for B7510
I ended up relocating the rear lights outside as well... I disconnected the original lights but haven't unmounted them yet.

Hooked up the snow blower and ran everything / checked the hydraulics. Ready for old man winter, but not in any rush for his arrival... Cab (4).jpg

/ BERCO cab for B7510 #9  
How difficult do you think the Berco would be to mount using their framing instead of the sunshade??

/ BERCO cab for B7510
How difficult do you think the Berco would be to mount using their framing instead of the sunshade??

The frame is extensive and looked pretty complete... And directions looked pretty good... A few hours and some beers:thumbsup: