Beretta 92

Larry Caldwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota l3130
I've owned the same 92 since the US military first adopted it for use. Never had a problem with it and would buy it again if I needed it. The ammunition has evolved over the years and I know some federal law enforcement agencies are moving back to the 9mm. I've shot numerous 9mm pistols & the Beretta 92 is definitely one of my favorites. I like the size & the double/single action. I also like the ability to cock it & shoot it single action and the decocking is a plus for me.

I like the Beretta too. It just feels good to me, and I can shoot it more accurately than any other autoloader I have tried. The problem the Military has is their FMJ bullets that just poke neat little holes. Load one with SXT and it's a different story.

C4Ranch

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC
Enjoy!!!

IMO, everyone should have the "classics" in their collection.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1471705691.237935.jpg

C4Ranch

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC
The 92 is my "house and target gun, added Crimson trace grips and feels even better in my hand.

XSFMED18D

Tractor
None (yet)
I carried one as my secondary firearm during deployments. I thought it was heavy, had poor ergonomics and the standard trigger pull was too heavy. I wasnt a fan of the 9mm in a combat scenario as well but thats a ballistics debate for another day. Some people like the physical safety and that my have been a big selling point for the military where accidental or negligent discharges might be more prominent. The 92F probably wouldnt be bad as a target pistol or home defense but as an everyday carry--I didnt like it. My 2 cents.

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford