Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere?

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere? #1  

MTGreen

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deere 5220, Ford 1720, Deere Progator 2030
Besides weight brackets, are there any other factory attachments to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere?
I'm wondering what the remaining torn off and bent bits could have been that were bolted on and subsequently torn off by the previous owner. It clearly wasn't a weight bracket.
Bits were painted JD Green and paint was faded the same as the rest of the tractor so I assume whatever it was came with the tractor when new.
I got it from a golf course in a region with no snow & has an FEL.
Anyone have any ideas?

1667603055151.png

4 bolt holes in front under the grille.

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere?
IMG_20221105_192854721.jpg

This is what the remaining torn off segment looks like. Not sure what would only attach on one side?
*My memory was faulty -attachment piece remnant obviously not JD green

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere? #3  
Does it have a loader? Could it be a brush guard? Or the remains of it.

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere? #4  
From the way the hole is it almost looks homemade.

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere?
Does it have a loader? Could it be a brush guard? Or the remains of it.
It does have a loader and a brush guard. The brush guard is intact and up above the picture and attached with 8 bolts to the sides of the front support

From the way the hole is it almost looks homemade.
Hard to tell from the pic but that hole in the middle is about 6-8 inches behind the remnant in question and is a factory hole with small threaded holes on either side

You can see the brush guard here and how it attaches

Last edited:
   / Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere? #8  
Would European version have option for front three point? Could those possibly be part of that mounting assembly?

Would European version have option for front three point? Could those possibly be part of that mounting assembly?
When I go to the Deere parts page for 5220 it only gives me one option which leads me to believe 5220s were a domestic tractor only made in Georgia. I'm not finding a Deere option for a front 3pt -maybe there was an aftermarket option.
It was purchased new from a local dealer by an Arizona golf course, so I'm wondering if there's some kind of turf related attachment

/ Besides weight brackets, what else attaches to the front support on a utility size 5000 series Deere? #10  
When I go to the Deere parts page for 5220 it only gives me one option which leads me to believe 5220s were a domestic tractor only made in Georgia. I'm not finding a Deere option for a front 3pt -maybe there was an aftermarket option.
It was purchased new from a local dealer by an Arizona golf course, so I'm wondering if there's some kind of turf related attachment
I'm also inclined that it was some sort of bracket for golf related attachments.

A front 3 pt hitch would use all those 4 front holes along with the side ones where the brush guard mounts too. The left over piece from whatever bracket was only using the 2 holes on the right.