Spreader Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
All I've found is Befco & Vicon. At $2,500-$3,500 they are very proud of them, too.

Anyone find a reasonable priced alternative for throwing salt commercially from a farm tractor? Can't do homeowner grade, not crazy about Herd. Would want a plastic hopper & ~500lb capacity. Hydraulic chute closer would be great to stop flow from cab.

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder
One more shot at it. Looked at a Landpride today. There isn't even an accessible handle if you have a cab tractor.

Anyone come across one with a chute that can be contolled with one of your remotes & a open/close cylinder?

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #3  
One more shot at it. Looked at a Landpride today. There isn't even an accessible handle if you have a cab tractor.

Anyone come across one with a chute that can be contolled with one of your remotes & a open/close cylinder?

On bigger spreaders it's rare to see a manual shut off . Vicon, Amazone,KRM,Kuhn,Rauch, are a few we've had with hyd shut off so probably available on small ones as an option . This list of extras for vicon show hyd shut off is optional at $600 ?????

http://www.acidist.com/vicon/Specs/spreader.pdf

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #5  
found this http://www.wikco.com/rstsprdr.html the entire unit is run hydraulic.

Personally for me I would consider using a regular 3 point poly spreader that wasn't top dollar, something you'd buy at tractor supply or some place similiar since your putting salt in it, and see if you could rig up a electric actuator for volume control.

Northern Industrial Linear Actuator — 12 Volt, 7 7/8in. stroke | Lawn + Garden Utility Trailers | Northern Tool + Equipment

What's with your location listing?

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #6  
We've tried spreading sand/salt/lime and calcified seaweed with all kinds of spreaders and to be honest fertilizer spreaders will all bridge and are not as good as a spreader with a moving floor. The vicon is a popular spreader because it won't rust but it's hugeley famous for being inacurate as an ag fert spreader and commonly known as the "STRIPER"...!

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #7  
Forget power take off, to get the fine control your looking for will take an all hydraulic salt/sand spreader. Even the big truck spreaders are ran by hydraulics but still have manual gates.
A quick google search for 3pt hydraulic salt spreader brought up HYDROMANN Sand & Salt Spreaders. All hydraulic with agitators. Their proud of them to.

Catalog:Industrial:Salt & Sand Spreaders - Eastern Farm Machinery

Forget power take off, to get the fine control your looking for will take an all hydraulic salt/sand spreader. Even the big truck spreaders are ran by hydraulics but still have manual gates.

That's because they're horizontal. My old Air Flows stopped "leaking" once they were shut off because the hopper ran the length of the truck bed. A 3 pt cone spreader is loaded vertically and will continue to dribble salt after the PTO is turned off.

A quick google search for 3pt hydraulic salt spreader brought up HYDROMANN Sand & Salt Spreaders. All hydraulic with agitators. Their proud of them to.

Catalog:Industrial:Salt & Sand Spreaders - Eastern Farm Machinery

Neat concept, but crazy expensive. I guess this is a $4,000 accessory.
:confused2:

found this Spreaders the entire unit is run hydraulic.

That is pretty neat. Has hydraulic adjustment for flow.

Personally for me I would consider using a regular 3 point poly spreader that wasn't top dollar, something you'd buy at tractor supply or some place similiar since your putting salt in it, and see if you could rig up a electric actuator for volume control.

Northern Industrial Linear Actuator 12 Volt, 7 7/8in. stroke | Lawn + Garden Utility Trailers | Northern Tool + Equipment

I was just looking at "Snow Ex" spreaders. They make a 3pt mount that is 100% electric. Has cab controls for flow rate, etc. Also comes with a vibrating hopper to keep material flowing.

Just seems stupid to not utilize your PTO and rear remotes.....

/ Best 3pt spreader for throwing salt/cinder #10  
found this Spreaders the entire unit is run hydraulic.

Northern Industrial Linear Actuator 12 Volt, 7 7/8in. stroke | Lawn + Garden Utility Trailers | Northern Tool + Equipment

What's with your location listing?

ok--- this thing looks cool...

I am thinking up uses for it... maybe a cheap electric top link?
or?

thanks Baranx4,

J