Best 40 HP Compact Tractor

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #11  
The "Best Tractor" may be the one that can do what you wish it to!:thumbsup:

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #12  
A good part of your decision should be based on what dealers are close to you.Go by and talk to them,or ask around in your community as to their quality of service. I am still enjoying my Cub Cadet/Yanmar.

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #13  
One that does what you want and fits your budget the best.

If it were me though I would take a look at BobCat and Kioti. They seem to be lots of bang for the buck.

Really can not go wrong with.

JD
Case
NH
Mahindra
Massy
Kubota
ECT.

Chris

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #14  
Could we can some suggestions on the best approx. 40 HP compact tractror for the money.

I'm in the market for a new tractor to us a bush hog, tiller, plow, disk and would need a loader.

Been looking at all brands but kinda like the Kubota Grand L40.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Lots of very fine 40hp tractors out there but if you include "for the money" as a criteria then I would focus on brands other than JD, Kubota and NH as those "big three" are also the most expensive or put another way the least bang for the buck. That is not a knock on those tractors at all, they are excellent, but Mahindra and Kioti (+Bobcat) in particular are the value leaders these days.

Perhaps a useful way to think of it is to compare best family sedans. Sure, the BMW 3 series is sweet, Ford, Honda and Toyota make fine cars too. However, Hyundai and Kia will give you much more for your hard earned dollar these days. The Korean manufacturers are doing to Japan exactly what Japan did to the USA and Germany twenty years ago: offering an excellent product at lower cost. India doesn't have world class cars (yet) but Mahindra is a very well established tractor company that produces an excellent CUT as well.

Hard to knock the Kubota GL series you are attracted to but if "for the money" is important then you owe it to yourself to at least check out the 40hp offerings from Mahindra, Kioti and Bobcat.

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #15  
As others have pointed out, no "best", just a lot of good ones; get the one you can afford and fits you.

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #16  
the bottom line is its a tractor that you like can afford an fitts you an your needs.

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor
Thanks everybody for all you thoughts and ideas.

I'm going to take a look at the Bobcat website. Already been to Kioti and really like the looks of thier CUT's but no dealers close by.

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #18  
It would also be upon your budget to determine which is for you. John Deere makes great tractors, Have you looked at the 4005 and the 4105? The 4105 is an "economy" model which means it has a few less features but is the same amount of tractor as the 4120. A little smaller would be the 3038E, also an "economy" tractor but 38 hp. Mahindra makes some great tractors, They seem like a great value for the $$$ and the price on their 30 hp tractors is way better than Kubota and Deere where the same $$$ will only get you a 25 hp tractor. Kioti and Bobcat are both Daedong made, Kioti has been around for a while, Bobcat just signed the papers for tractors in 2016. They are both great tractors, very similar as far as tractors, the FEL's are different makes though, I am not certain which is "better", they could be the same. New Holland has an economy tractor, I think it is a 3040. I have very little experience on NH tractors so I cant comment on much about them. Kubota also makes some great tractors, Their L3800 is similar to the Deere 3038E, it is an "economy" tractor but also 38 hp. I don't think they offer an economy tractor at 40 hp. Their Grand L tractors are also great, but this means the price goes up. :confused2: In all, I would do some shopping, compare quotes, compare tractors, compare features, decide what is most comfortable, and make the decision. :)

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #19  
Mine but its a 50 hp Grand L5740

I would not take for my GL 3940. It a 07 model with around 300 hours now. I've had absolutely no problems. I wish it were a little longer in the operator platform as I am a fairly tall guy but in every way a great tractor!

I love my GL4240 and wouldn't buy a different brand after owning it for a little over a year now.

I love my GL 3940, small enough to get me into and out of the woods and big enough to pull all my implements.

My signature line tells why I agree with all these guys :thumbsup:

/ Best 40 HP Compact Tractor #20  
New Kubota L3940.... Used Kubota L3830