Best attachment to fix skid ruts in logging roads?

/ Best attachment to fix skid ruts in logging roads? #31  
You can get or make liftable chain harrows/drags of all sizes.

The "Bridge" Estate Chain Harrow Lift Frames

A drag at the end of the day and/or at noon can do wonders to keep roads in shape or at least looking good. I use a natural drag. You will probably need a blade also. A drag can only do so much.

P1150443.JPG

gg

/ Best attachment to fix skid ruts in logging roads? #32  
I use a box blade to touch up my woods trails because that's what I have. I already owned it for my driveway maintenance. I've never used the scarifiers when maintaining my woods trails: they are not needed, since the soil I'm trying to move has already been loosened up. I have used the scarifiers a bit when cutting in a new trail.

I've never seen or heard of anyone using a land plane to manage woods trails. I don't have much experience with them, but I don;t think it would work on my trails: the ground is just too rocky and hilly. I'm sure it would be superior to my box blade for driveway maintenance, but I would want to see one in action on similar trail terrain/make-up as mine before I considered purchasing one.

Of course, the best solution is to not tear your trails up in the first place. Any firewood I'm taking out gets pulled to the side of the trail with my logging winch (anything within reach of the cable gets pulled to one point on the trail), then cut to stove length - and possibly split - right on the spot and hauled out on a trailer. I minimize any skidding along the trails, though it does happen for short distances on occasion if I need to get the logs to a good work area. I'll occasionally skid longer logs all the way out if I need them for something other than firewood. My trailer is not the greatest for hauling long logs, but now that I have a grapple on the front of the tractor I do load some of them.

Loggers with forwarders or forwarding trailers are getting popular around here for just this reason. It's a lot easier on your trails and helps avoid erosion on hillier sites.

/ Best attachment to fix skid ruts in logging roads? #33  
The reason I recommended a rear blade is because when angled, it can help bring material in from the edges, and can also be used for ditching and establishing a crown. You have beautiful property, and it looks like a few hills.

The heavier the better, meaning an older rear blade, or a heavier duty new one. I mentioned a slider or offset blade so it can easily get past your rear wheels when angled. A wider blade would also work.

Good luck!