Best battery

/ Best battery #21  
Was explaining that the battery wouldn't crank my tractor after setting over two days. (Battery was purchased in Jan. 2022 and had been working great until recently.)
Also I disconnected cables from battery and it still lost 25% of it's charge after a couple of days. Their tester said it was a good battery but my tester (under load) rated it as weak.
Their opinion was they could send it back but they wouldn't do anything but return it as good!

/ Best battery #22  
Why would you tell them what the end use was anyway? Don't get that at all. You buy by group size and terminal location, not by end use. really none of their business to know anyway.
'You buy by group size and terminal location, not by end use. really none of their business to know anyway'. ( I use to think the same but not anymore!)

/ Best battery #23  
My load tester has been well worth the cost... weak battery, charge, test.

/ Best battery #24  
30 years working as a tech at a local heavy duty truck dealership and hauling their oversized equipment loads for them as well. Been away from it since I was 58 and I'm 72 now but I still remember a lot of aspects and I still own all the acquired tools.
Your depth of knowledge has educated me more than once...

/ Best battery #25  
I just recently had dealings with a Walmart battery less than a year old! Two gentlemen working in auto department said Walmart doesn't sell batteries for tractors and if any battery they sell is installed in a tractor then it voids the warranty. Needless to say I am done with buying a battery from Walmart!
If this isn't fact then two employees in King, NC need re-training.
Things may have changed. I haven't bought one in at least 2 years.
I can't imagine they would have any way of knowing it was in a tractor unless you told them.

/ Best battery #26  
I get my batteries from O'rellys auto parts
battery has a free 3 year replacement

willy

/ Best battery #27  
I've had great luck with this Battery Minder. I move my car batteries to my tractors after 5~6 years then use this, and get another several years. I let one old battery get quite run down, I didn't realize the Maintainer on it had been dead for months from a voltage surge that killed several items here. But several months on the replacement Maintainer restored it to useful. I'm now into the third year of that battery's restored life. I think it was new more than 10 years ago.

I see this Maintainer is presently $39 with shipping. CamelCamel shows it occasionally sells for $10 less.

And something I learned the hard way: An Autozone employee said his background was farm laborer, and said their Deep Cycle (boating) battery is what is used in harvest tractors etc that don't get started for 50 weeks each year but stay charged. And more amps for less cost. Not in my experience, it failed in year 3. I won't buy that again.

/ Best battery #28  
I have DEKA in my Ferris ZT mower 11 years now, trickle charge in March-April, Walmart Everstart Maxx in Kubota for 10 years, OEM battery in Kubota lasted 10 years, and I trickle charge Kubota from Nov-March - the snow season.

Car's and truck batteries seem to last 5-6 years, as they have more electronics drawing current when not in use, and with Covid we aren't driving as frequently over the last two years.

/ Best battery #29  
I have DEKA in my Ferris ZT mower 11 years now, trickle charge in March-April, Walmart Everstart Maxx in Kubota for 10 years, OEM battery in Kubota lasted 10 years, and I trickle charge Kubota from Nov-March - the snow season.

Car's and truck batteries seem to last 5-6 years, as they have more electronics drawing current when not in use, and with Covid we aren't driving as frequently over the last two years.
Everstart is the battery I am having trouble with. Trying a battery tender on it and maybe it will make it til Dec. 2022.
One thing for sure my future battery won't be bought at Walmart.

/ Best battery #30  

Put a group 64 Walmart Everstart Maxx in my New Holland because it would fit.
I'll see how it goes.

Last edited: