Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #1  

TxMN

Bronze Member
Tractor
2020 Kubota MX5400 HST, ROPS, 2020 Kubota RTV 900, 2020 Kubota RTV 500(wifeç—´ ride),
Do you buy one of the metric/SAE assortment kits ? Is there one brand of zerks that is obviously the best?

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #2  
I have purchased two boxes of mixed size/type of zerk from the local NAPA store. One box - SAE, the other - metric. Between the tractor, FEL & implements - all have their use/place. Brand - who knows - they are whatever NAPA chooses to carry. Over the long haul - I don't think brand is that important. In some applications/locations the zerk simply tends to get plugged more often.

I've found that these boxes of mixed size/type will have, at best, about 50% that you can use - 50% that will work nowhere.

If you have the time - take one zerk of each size/type back to your dealer and purchase only those that will work.

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #3  
I have purchased two boxes of mixed size/type of zerk from the local NAPA store. One box - SAE, the other - metric. Between the tractor, FEL & implements - all have their use/place. Brand - who knows - they are whatever NAPA chooses to carry. Over the long haul - I don't think brand is that important. In some applications/locations the zerk simply tends to get plugged more often.

I've found that these boxes of mixed size/type will have, at best, about 50% that you can use - 50% that will work nowhere.

If you have the time - take one zerk of each size/type back to your dealer and purchase only those that will work.

Lots of stories of buying universal kits and find none fit. I did it.

In the end, i took a similar fitting to the dealer, 89 cents and, it fit.

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #5  
ZTR front spindles are an example I've found of pressed-in vs threaded zerks. What look like threads are just annular rings for crush fit when installed.

A hole that accepts neither SAE or Metric threads may not have been threaded for factory assembly. Some holes can be tapped for replacement zerks.

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400
Peter 315, my question is will the Kubota asst kit cover the sizes on my MX5400? I would think if Kubota brands the kit it would meet the needs of their tractors, your thoughts.

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #7  
It should why would they sell it if nothing fit.. You could call Messicks and ask, or read the sizes off the box and buy one of each at the parts store to try.....

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #8  
I bought Metric and SAE mixed sets. I'd say 50% of the time I can find something that fits, the rest of the time I have to take the old one for a match. It seems odd that such a simple thing can have so many variations.

/ Best brand of very fittings for Kubota mx5400 #9  
I can tell you on my L3130 Grand L the LA723 loader has SAE fittings and the tractor itself is Metric. So the Kubota Grease Fitting set is not made for specific Kubota applications. The Harbor Freight selections give you just about the same selection at a fraction of the cost.