Best Darn Lawn Mowers

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #21  
Sorry, wrong forum.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #23  
It is so small that I can drive up to a gate, reach out over the hood, unlatch the gate and drive through and pull the gate shut behind me and never get off the seat. Its got a 26" deck with 3 blades. The simplicity decks all have rollers across the back of the deck. It is great for striping the lawn like the ball parks. Sometimes I just go out and make patterns in the grass for fun. My dad bought it used around 1986 with the mower deck, a snow blower, a rear weight, tire chains and a front blade for $600.00. I inherited it when he died in 1995. The motor siezed shortly there after, so I had the 6HP replaced with an 8.5 HP. It has a pivot point between the front and back that allows it to twist with the terrain. If the front dips to one side the opposite rear wheel doesn't leave the ground. Feels weird, but great for the area near the road with little bumps and dips. Mine doesn't have the lights. It has an electric start, but no generation system on it, so you have to charge up the battery. It also has a pull start. I also have a complete spare rear half and other parts from a wrecked kids go kart project in case anything breaks. It is too small for my 1 acre. Takes about 1:15 to mow. I'm thinking of moving up to a Power Trac PT425 and some toys. I also have 20 acres to maintain and the PT will be the perfect combo for both finish mowing, brush hogging trails and so forth.

18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #24  
Moss.. do you actually use that simplicity or is it sittin' in a museum? I don't believe they looked that good new! By the way i got an old cub cadet 782 that could use your care/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif!

jd.gif

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #25  
Better clarify. That is a picture from a brochure that Simplicity put out back when the reactor was new. Mine is probably a 3 out of five in the cosmetic condition department. About a 4.5 in the mechanical department. After I get my Power Trac, I might atempt to restore the Simplicity. It is just a fun little tractor to drive around. I also have a Rubberemaid dump cart that I use around the yard to haul dirt and debris. The only thing that I dislike about the reactor is that the reverse gear is the same gearing as 3rd gear. Way too fast. DANGEROUS, especially when backing up a trailer. Wish I could change it.

18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #26  
That's tractor, not reactor. Its a Briggs engine, not a nuclear power plant/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #27  
Hereford and American Saddle Horse. They take it away and give it back! I'm a 'Bota backer.

Bo McCarty
Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #29  
i would have to vote for gravely.
i grew up using a 16hp twin cyl [this was a garden tractor style, not the walk behind]. front deck mower [hydraulic lift].
also had the rototiller for it. bought in 1976 i think. cost was around 5,000 for the whole package [had a cart and misc].
my father is still using it [and he should, he bought it].

/ Best Darn Lawn Mowers #30  
I have fond memories of those Gravely's, and its not a dream when you still see them working around gardens and older homes. Mostly in the country. The Gravely story is a good one. Some say it ended when the family sold the line to Ariens.