Best day of my life!!

/ Best day of my life!! #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Saturday night at 7:16 my daughter Danielle Elizabeth Bradway was born. After a real long and troublesome delivery, mom and doughtier are doing fine. I have to say, This is my first kid, and I can’t believe how much joy one person can bring! So now I just got to get my house built, and we can start our new life.

6-178189-dadbabyresi.jpg

Hay whos that ugley guy next to that good looking girl???

Attachments

• 6-178189-dadbabyresi.jpg
    6-178189-dadbabyresi.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 64
   / Best day of my life!! #2  
Paul, Congrats on the future Miss America winner. She's a real cutie. Thanks for sharing your special time with us. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Kent

/ Best day of my life!! #3  
Congradulations Paul!!!

Since you're a new father and I'm an old one I'm gonna lay a truth on you that you'll never be able to avoid in this lifetime.

You are going to be what a man is in your daughter's eyes.

That means if you treat her mother bad in any number of ways she's gonna understand that's what men do. And chances are she'll accept such treatment from the men in her life because that's the way men are.

I tell all the young fathers this little truth of life. I want them to not only not make the mistakes I've made but a bunch I've seen other fathers make.

The video camera is on all the time. You are being recorded twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five now.

I think daughters are special. Actually I think daughters are more special than boys. I see boys, I've got two, as representing so much of the time what I should have been.

But with daughters I think they represent to us guys what we could have been. There's a difference. When a son does a good thing we would have done cause it's a man thing we're proud but we understand that it's just a man thing. It's what we do and so it's expected.

With a daughter tho, now when they do something that's cowboying up. That's unusual and that's something special. And when they do something that's just a woman thing it really isn't because it's a daughter thing and daughter things are different from woman things if you know what I mean.

And you have to real careful around daughters. They have ways. Take my youngest for instance. I'd subscribed to Playboy most of my life I guess. She was about eighteen at the time. I'd gotten a Playboy in the mail and she saw it. She had to ask if I'd ever considered the magazine a slap at my wife.

What a stupid thing to think crossed my mind and made a mental note to not let her deprive me of such great articles.

A little later alone with the magazine my eyes lingered over one of the nonliterary articles in the magazine. It hit me that I was staring at girls the same age as my daughter. And that my subscription in a small way supported predation upon other's daughters in a way I would never want my own to experience.

I cancelled my subscription immediately. Just a personal statement to myself about an issue I personally found distasteful all of a sudden.

So congradulations on having a daughter. I suspect they're designed to make real men out of big boys. And never ever forget, twenty four seven three hundred and sixty five. The camera's on. You're the star. Act like it.

/ Best day of my life!! #4  
<font color=blue>I can’t believe how much joy one person can bring!</font color=blue>

I know exactly what you mean, Paul. And it only gets better.

You've just begun the only two-way love affair your wife will approve of. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Congratulations to you and your whole family!

/ Best day of my life!! #5  
A11693%20%20bday%20celebration.jpg

She's absolutely beautiful Paul... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Congratulations to you and the Miss'...

God Bless ya all...

Happy Birthday Danielle Elizabeth... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Best day of my life!! #6  
Paul; What a cutie! All the best to you and your wife, and lovely little Danielle.

/ Best day of my life!! #7  
Congrats on the new baby!!!!!!!!!!!! We just had one a month back and I was the one that delivered her in micky d's parking lot on the way to the hospital. What a rush.

Glad everything turned out well for you. Oh and on the subject of building the new house. Make sure you have enough bathrooms. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif So far your outnumbered lol.

A great bundle of joy! ------Tell the Mrs she did some good work there./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Hay remember a few weeks back when you and the mrs were laughing at the delivery of my last baby. Man time flies. Just be glad that we were both blessed with healthy children.

The first one is always the worst on the Mrs. That is what I'm told anyway. So did you witness the entire thing? Didn't pass out did ya? On my first the room started to get real warm right after I did a finger and toe count./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Gordon

/ Best day of my life!! #8  
Congratulations Paul!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Isn't it something? When "we" were pregnant with our first, whenever someone asked me what I wanted, I'd say the standard..."Oh, it doesn't really matter as long as it's healthy." Then one day I was in a shop standing at the checkout counter waiting my turn. I was just looking around, and I happened to glance behind the counter and saw the greatest picture of 2 little girls standing under an umbrella. Without even knowing I said it, I said out loud..."It's gotta be a girl!" The people standing around me looked at me like I was nuts! /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

No matter. I went home and told my wife that it better be a girl! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Well, I guess she listened to me, because it was. Best thing ever!

Enjoy the years you'll have, 'cause they go really fast! Participate in every phase of her life, and you'll experience joy like you've never experienced before! /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif

/ Best day of my life!! #9  
Congrats! And enjoy every single day. Harv is correct, girls are special, my two daughters are my best friends. I feel blessed every day because of them. And Golfgar is also correct...the days add up fast. There are stages or events that mark their growing up... their first word, the first day of school, their first solo drive, the day they move out on their own.....and many others, especially the day they get married, as my first daughter is doing Aug 10th. Thanks for sharing your best day.....it reminded me how how many great days I have had with mine. My best to your wife.....she did all the hard part!

PR

/ Best day of my life!! #10  
Congrats on the Daughter!

I REALLY like her name! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

IronHarv gave some good advice. Kids are recording
EVERYTHING parents do. And they understand things much
sooner than you would believe. Lordy but they pick things
up quick. You really do have to watch what you say and do
around them.

Congrats Again. And try to get some sleep. Cause you ain't
gonna be getting much for the next couple of years... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later,
Dan McCarty