Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved?

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #271  
The S/W model 39 gen II and first gen 59, are IMHO, underrated. I have no idea why these are not sought after guns. A friend and I invested in a progressive reloader press with dies for 9 Mil. So we would go out and run one to two hundred rounds per session. He had a Glock 17 Gen 2. Which at the time every one considered the penultimate hand gun.
Even switching guns, between us, the 39 and the 59, were more reliable than the Glock, which, on occasion, 300 rounds or so, would stove pipe. The 39 and 59 never had a stove,... ever. Maybe he got, by chance, all the bad reloads?
It’s also hard to beat a Sig Sauer for dependability and minimizing jams.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #273  
I have a 9mm carbine and a Walther 22 target for the wife . I have several Walther 9 mm and keep them In my vehicles . My daughter has a 9mm but prefers her Beretta 22 for more accuracy and less recoil .

Attachments

• D205A1AB-8B5B-4A62-89D8-C70155DAE347.jpeg
    D205A1AB-8B5B-4A62-89D8-C70155DAE347.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 3070AEFF-EC60-4420-BA7E-499A1F58A5B2.jpeg
    3070AEFF-EC60-4420-BA7E-499A1F58A5B2.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 4289ACF0-30A0-4374-81E8-21766250DC10.jpeg
    4289ACF0-30A0-4374-81E8-21766250DC10.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 66
   / Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #276  
I have a 9mm carbine and a Walther 22 target for the wife . I have several Walther 9 mm and keep them In my vehicles . My daughter has a 9mm but prefers her Beretta 22 for more accuracy and less recoil .
Wife shoots a Walther 380. I use a gen5 Glock17 9mm. I was looking into the Ruger PCC in 9mm as well. Have a couple of 12g hunting arms, barrels are a bit longer than I like for home defense.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #277  
Wife shoots a Walther 380. I use a gen5 Glock17 9mm. I was looking into the Ruger PCC in 9mm as well. Have a couple of 12g hunting arms, barrels are a bit longer than I like for home defense.
Try a Stoeger 3000 semi auto. Love mine. Can use for deer, too.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #278  
I unders5and that if the door kicks in and I suddenly awake, I'm not wasting time jacking around. But, if I can change a line of thought, I'd rather do that. Give a bad guy a chance to change his mind. May change his life. If the do9r is broke in, it's blaze of glory time.
And… bonus points, you won’t be on the news for killing a family member who you forgot was coming home late and was struggling with the door and accidentally broke the door glass.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #279  
And… bonus points, you won’t be on the news for killing a family member who you forgot was coming home late and was struggling with the door and accidentally broke the door glass.

An older family member had a friend stay over night when he was in high school. Friend snuck out to go see an ole gal. This was late maybe 1967. Friend was coming back, through a window. Man of the house was a state trooper and he shot that boy. It really was an innocent thing, but they weren't thinking.

I was there on this one, heard the shots. Man had two sons. One was grown and working. Other was in the Army. One in army got some leave and snuck home to surprise his parents. Daddy shot him dead in the hall. Dad couldn't even realize or accept it for hours afterward. I still feel bad about that situation.

That's exactly why I ain't sneaking around anywhere. I'm gonna find out who somebody is before I harm them. If the door gets kicked down, that's different.