Best fuel additives

/ Best fuel additives #91  
Yah. Willy speaks without thinking sometimesā€¦.šŸ˜¬

/ Best fuel additives #92  
Now children PLEASE, can't we all get along! Kumbaya and all that stuff... :) now go start up your tractor & have a cold one, you'll feel much better...think clearer too, this is hogwash

/ Best fuel additives #93  
In reality, the best fuel additive (snake oil) is the one YOU are most comfortable with and you are paying for it, not me, so dump in whatever you want.

/ Best fuel additives #94  
Mr 5030. What cetane is your fuel? Or maybe you donā€™t know and donā€™t care?

/ Best fuel additives #95  
Next time I get a delivery, I'll ask the driver because candidly I don't know. Tractors run fine and get good hours per gallon rates so I'm good with that actually. I do use and have used for years, Archoil diesel fuel additive which is supposed to increase the Cetane rating, but again, it's my snake oil. That and a dose of biocide in every load. To me, diesel is diesel unlike gasoline with distinct grades.

/ Best fuel additives #96  
To me, diesel is diesel unlike gasoline with distinct grades.
I use to think that until I saw this notice in the owners' manual of my new RAM diesel.

"1. Under normal conditions the diesel fuel filter should be replaced every 20,000 miles (32,000 km) (every other oil change). If the vehicle is being used in severe operating conditions, or in certain geographical areas of the country (Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Maryland, West Virginia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Nebraska) due to fuel cleanliness issues, itā€™s recommended to replace the fuel filter every 10,000 miles (16,000 km)."

/ Best fuel additives #97  
Why I added Racor fuel polishing filters to ALL my diesel powered equipment, including my pickup truck. My International Eagle conventional road tractor (Cat 3406) came with one from the factory.

Most engine mounted fuel filters on filter down to 80 micron pass. The Racor spin on filters are at 30 micron pass plus, unlike OEM engine mount filters, they strip out any water entrained in the fuel. Always questioning fuel quality and how pure it is because end users haven't a clue where it's coming from in the first place.

You can buy Racor spin on filter cartridges with a 2 micron pass rate but I feel that 30 should be plenty. I believe 2 micron pass is overkill.

My other issue with fuel is, how many times it's transferred from one 'holding tank, vessel' to another. Every timer fuel is transferred, the chance of contamination increases, especially when filling a smaller tractor from a 5 gallon can you fill at a filling station. Lots of chances to get foreign crap in the fuel. I read on here about owners with plugged fuel lines, those lines get plugged from crap in the fuel when filling their tanks like small bugs or grass or whatever. Myself, I fill from my farm tank with a nozzle but believe it or not, I still get foreign crap collecting in my filler neck strainers I have in all my fuel tanks on my tractors. Stuff that could plug a fuel line easily. The Racor at least pre 'polishes' the fuel before it gets to the injection system and the filler pipe strainer get the big stuff.

I don't want fuel related issues and so far I haven't had any (knocking on wood)...lol

/ Best fuel additives #98  
That was in the 90's that I read that but try to
find that on the net. It stated that crime rates
jumped to over 500% robberies over 400%
I mean the numbers were astronomical way
out of line!
Yah. Willy speaks without thinking sometimesā€¦.
You can say anything you want about me but
you can't change the fact that I read it even if
it was a phony report! I didn't say it was true
but the stats actually did go up some and you
can read about all the phony reports on the
web. It was on the web it must be true right?šŸ¤£

willy