Best Game Camera?

/ Best Game Camera? #1  

hobie

Silver Member
Tractor
Jazee One
I've seen a lot of posts about them here, and am considering getting one. Can you folks share your thoughts? Thanks, Brian

/ Best Game Camera? #2  
   / Best Game Camera? #3  
   / Best Game Camera? #4  
The ONLY negative thing I can say about Reconyx is, if someone steals your camera they are a little pricey to replace.

/ Best Game Camera? #5  
I wouldn't say mine is the best but I've had this Bushnell a little over a year now and I really like it. It has the field scan feature and black flash which I like. Battery life is excellent on this camera. A couple of photos I got this week from it and a black flash photo:

Bushnell - Trophy Cam HD Max

EK000391.jpgEK000392.jpgEK000556.jpg

/ Best Game Camera? #6  
That fox is missing out on lunch by not looking the other way!

/ Best Game Camera? #7  
It's a turkey decoy. I was trying to get some turkey pics. The time/date stamp is off cause I replaced the batteries and forgot to reset it.

/ Best Game Camera? #8  
I have two of the Reconyx HC600s. They're crazy expensive but they're great. Mine have been outside for 7 months, have taken over 13,000 pictures on the first set of batteries, and are still going strong. I had the Leupold RCX-2 before the Reconyx, and the Leupold was just junk. The Leupold camera and controller were buggy, sometimes went haywire, and quit working properly after one year. I got a handful of wildlife pictures on the Leupold over the course of one year. The pictures were good quality when the camera got something. However, the thing about the Reconyx HC600 is that it takes a TON of pictures! It triggers very fast, is very sensitive, and takes fast rapid fire sequences that you can splice together like a movie. With the Leupold I often got just the deer's hind end, or even a blank image, and it took far fewer pictures than the Reconyx. The Reconyx triggers so fast that you rarely miss anything. The sales guy at Bass Pro swore by the Moultrie M80-XT and showed me some great pictures that probably looked better than mine. The resolution on the Reconyx may not be the highest, and the picture can be a little grainy at night, but from what I read and experienced, you can't beat the Reconyx for taking a high volume of pictures, all of them with something in the frame. Their slogan "See what you've been missing" is no joke. The Reconyx desktop software for managing your images works very well too. Here's a sample image.

2013-05-06 19-24-52 M 3_3.JPG

/ Best Game Camera? #9  
A Reconyx will take much higher quality pictures than my $200.00 Bushnell. No doubt about that. A game camera is just a tool for me. The Bushnell has the features that I most like. I typically download 500 pictures a week and 99.9% of these get deleted. For the price of one Reconyx I could almost buy three Bushnell's.

/ Best Game Camera? #10  
I have 3 different model Moultries and 1 Bushnell. So from my experience I am a fan of the Moultrie M80 X Black. The black flash is noticeably less spooky to the deer and other animalsc and takes clear photos and videos with sound with long battery life. The Reconyx sounds good based on the posts above. One note - my Bushnell has the internal 2" approximate viewing screen built in. It went bad because the cam leaked in rain water. Since the viewing screen also handles the programming/setup - I'm now stuck with leaving it in the current mode, and can't reset the date and time, although it stills takes photos just fine.