Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax?

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax? #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
Have been seriously thinking of using a recycled rubber or plastic type square tile to cover my concrete floors in my house and barn garage bays.
I've considered paint, epoxy, etc. but have heard of too many issues with chemicals and hot tire damage, plus application of epoxy does nothing for my desire to keep breathing. Today I looked at Swisstrax brand and they seem to offer a heavy duty 3/4" tile thickness and lots of choices of material.
What say you who have used them, OR another brand you prefer?

TIA,

CM

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax? #2  
Go on ebay. I just bought almost 3 thousand sq ft of rubber tile ( factory Seconds ) for our shop for a fraction of new. This stuff is a full 1/8" thick and very heavy duty. It is first quality, but seconds because of a defective pattern. If interested let me know, I'll shoot you his info.

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax?
Yah! Me very interested! Do you have any pics of your shop install? And please do shoot me the 2nds guy info.

Thanks,

CM

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax? #4  
   / Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax?
Check this guy out. We haven't installed the floor,yet. Waiting for warmer weather. The product is Flexco, very expensive stuff.
2592 Sq ft If 1'x1' Rubber Floor Tile Gray w Black and Cream Marbleization | eBay

Thanks for the link. What type of 'shop' are you covering with the Flezco product?
The Swistrax I've been looking at online is 3/4 inch thick. I'm considering various options, but the product I chose must have the ability to drain to the concrete existing floor, water/snow, etc., and be very slip resistant, somewhat to very chemical resistant, oil, coolant, etc. I need to be able to hose or (occasionally light pressure wash some areas, maybe).

Define very expensive...

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax? #6  
I haven't personally used Swisstrax, but their heavy-duty recycled rubber/plastic tiles seem promising for covering concrete floors. Research customer reviews and compare with other brands for best fit.

/ Best garage floor tiles? Polypro or recycled rubber/plastic? Anyone use Swisstrax? #7  
Consider checking out discount tile floors as an alternative solution for covering your concrete floors. While paint and epoxy may present issues with chemicals and hot tire damage, recycled rubber or plastic square tiles, such as those offered by Swisstrax, could be a viable option. These heavy-duty tiles come in various materials and thicknesses, providing both durability and versatility. If you've used them before or have a preferred brand, please share your experience!

Last edited: