Best Pallet Fork Grapple?

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #1  

Huntshillhaus Farm

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 2150, Husqvarna Z554
I am looking to purchase an Add-A-Grapple to my Titan pallet forks. Any experience with these?
medium_73300_Image.jpeg
medium_MPFAAG-01.jpg

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #2  
I’ve been thinking about a set myself, but I haven’t gotten around to adding a 3rd function to my LSXJ2025H. South Central Mo, where? I’m in Poplar Bluff. Youtubers Tractor Time with Tim and Tractor Mike (from MO) did a video about these I believe.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #3  
I've looked at these. I think I'm going to buy "The Thumb" from Greens Machine and put it on my forks, with a separate mounting base for my bucket.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #4  
I've looked at these. I think I'm going to buy "The Thumb" from Greens Machine and put it on my forks, with a separate mounting base for my bucket.
I have "The Thumb" mounted to my forks and for the price it can't be beat.
They make log handling easy
A little lightweight , so watch your loads and no zerks on the pivots but I keep them lubed.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #5  
I have a BX. No problem with overloading implements for the most part.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple?
I’ve been thinking about a set myself, but I haven’t gotten around to adding a 3rd function to my LSXJ2025H. South Central Mo, where? I’m in Poplar Bluff. Youtubers Tractor Time with Tim and Tractor Mike (from MO) did a video about these I believe.
I am over in Crocker, near Fort Leonard Wood.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #7  
Let’s just say Titan is at the bottom of the price structure and quality is at the same level.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #8  
I bought a "The Thumb" more than 10 years ago and mounted it on a dedicated heavy duty pallet fork. I have used it on my skid loader for carrying large trees to light brush. Also it is great for demo work on old out buildings, barns and such. I once picked the entire roof off of a 8'X12' chicken coop in one piece. I was also able to lay the wood framed walls and roof flat on the ground and pick the sheet iron off so that I could haul the sheet iron to the scrapper. One thing I will suggest is that you position your forks so that the grapple will go down between the forks. That way you can grab onto smaller loads.

If I remember correctly seems like I gave $350.00 for it. Money very well spent.

Tim

Last edited:
   / Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #9  
I bought a "The Thumb" more than 10 years ago and mounted it on a dedicated heavy duty pallet fork. I have used it on my skid loader for carrying large trees to light brush. Also it is great for demo work on old out buildings, barns and such. I once picked the entire roof off of a 8'X12' chicken coop in one piece. I was also able to lay the wood framed walls and roof flat on the ground and pick the sheet iron off so that I could haul the sheet iron to the scrapper. One thing I will suggest is that you position your forks so that the grapple will go down between the forks. That way you can grab onto smaller loads.

If I remember correctly seems like I gave $350.00 for it. Money very well spent.

Tim
It's a good bit more expensive now, but still well worth the price in my opinion.

I feel like if I get it, I'll want to get a separate mounting base for my bucket. Allowing me to easily swap it from forks to bucket. Anybody done that? Is it useful on a tractor bucket? I don't move rocks that much. With the sides on the bucket I'm not sure it would be worth much lifting brush, poles, logs, etc.

/ Best Pallet Fork Grapple? #10  
Let’s just say Titan is at the bottom of the price structure and quality is at the same level.
I'd say they are the Harbor Freight of tractor impliments. Both good & bad. I've owned 2 sets of Titan pallet forks. First pair didn't fit my L3200 SSQA right. They promptly gave me $75 or so off already cheap forks to go away (in theory to have somebody weld shim plates in) or would have shipped a new frame. I welded a couple plates in myself. Those forks sold with a old machine. I promptly replaced them with longer Titain forks. No fitment issues this time.

I'd reconsider if I had a bigger machine than my Kubota Grand L, but my loader doesn't lift 2k lbs. Plenty for part time use on a home machine. The forks are also a fair but lighter than a heavy duty skid steere set. Good when you have limited lift capacity already & don't want heavy forks eating that up.