Best place for purchasing wheel motors?

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #1  

KMA

Gold Member
Tractor
PT422 w/ EH72FI engine swap
I figured I would order a new wheel motor for my '06 PT422 which is leaking. My plan is to replace the leaky motor, and then have it repaired as a backup. I might want to get a rebuild kit at the same time as purchasing the new motor. I still haven't had a chance to get the wheel off and try to figure out exactly which model it is, but I'm hoping to soon.

Is there a good place to order this online? Anyone have a recent experience? I think I probably have White RS Series 12.5ci motors but I'm not yet sure what the exact model number is. I was looking at this link:

http://www.whitedriveproducts.com/pdf/catalog/UScat04_rs.pdf

and trying to guess what the part number might be before pulling off the wheel and verifying even further. Looking at page 16 I came up with an initial guess:

200 200 F30 13 D A A AA

(Series, Displacement, Housing, Shaft, Paint, Cavity, Add ons, Misc)

Anyone know a part number for the same/similar motor on the PT4xx? I think I read older 425's used a motor similar to the newer 422's. Any helps/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #2  
What i did was order a repair kit from PT and that told me who the Manufacturer and model series of the motor was. i haven't done anymore research with that info as to another supplier than PT for the motor.

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors?
What i did was order a repair kit from PT and that told me who the Manufacturer and model series of the motor was. i haven't done anymore research with that info as to another supplier than PT for the motor.
Hi, do you happen to have a 422? If so, do you know the model number of your motors? Thanks! I might end up doing something like this since I plan on getting a repair kit anyway.

Here's a picture of the part number breakdown that I used to try to figure out the ordering information. I don't know much about the motor yet, so some parts of the number are pure guesses.
page16.JPG

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #4  
kevin, no i have a 1430. here is a link for the white motor for the 1430 plus all the other type of white motors. CE Motor [400, 420, & 430 Series] : White Drive Products, Inc. it contains the catalog info, service parts breakout and service instructions. I'm sure if you do click on the series/model of your motor it should give you the catalog info,parts and instructions in the pdf format. then you can look up the nearest distributor and order parts and possibly the spare motor as well. hope this helps.

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors?
For anyone who might be interested...

I spoke with Terry and a new motor for my '06 PT422 is $303.57 + shipping. To send it in to rebuild the seals is $83.40 + shipping.

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #7  
   / Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #8  
Hey, there is my post hold digger motor!.. That said, only 2500 PSI and technically I run at 3100... Again, wonder if I would blow it up?

Carl,

Technically, while digging holes you may never see 3100 psi. The fluid psi will be rising and falling as you progress into a hole. When the process becomes difficult and almost stalls, then you might see the upper limit. That hyd motor should have a double cross over relief valve set at 2500 psi, in case you ever run it in reverse, and then you have protection both ways. You also have to consider, is the motor being run using a motor spool valve.

I believe the motor will only blow up if you disconnect a QD on the return line. With the motor turning faster than it should, it will just heat up and melt seals, etc. Continuous high pressure will blow out seals.

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #9  
Thanks JJ. Good to know.

Problem now is that the only Hubs surplus has is 1 1/4... Oh Well... Another project destined for a later date...

/ Best place for purchasing wheel motors? #10  
Carl,

Is that the pressure on the PTO circuit, or is that pump pressure?