Best pre-1970 tractor.

/ Best pre-1970 tractor. #11  
I would agree about the N fords.. 9n, 2n, and 8n. Just under 30hp, lots of em made, and lots of parts support.
I guess if I had to choose, it would be the 8n, as it had the upgraded tranny, steering, hyds, better electrics..proofmeter..etc

Soundguy

/ Best pre-1970 tractor. #12  
I would also have to say MF 135 Diesel. I grew up on one my Grandfather bought new. He sold it with his house when he moved back into town and the new owner is still driving it strong today. I am going to see if I can buy it back from him. Just to have! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Best pre-1970 tractor. #13  
IHCrules:

How about (staying under the 30hp) a International 454, or, going back a bit an old H (wide front) or even a Super C. The C is real easy to add remotes and 3pt hitch (I know, I did it). It's not heavy enough for HD loader work or to hang a BH on (which is why I sold mine), but very nice, reliable tractors, parts are available (although not quite as easy as the old MFs). CCI's Fergie is really spiffy as is JohnMiller3's MF. They still make 454s (I think it is the 3505 Mahindra model - but not certain of the model #).

Anyway, that's my suggestion.

JEH

/ Best pre-1970 tractor.
Actually, I have a 1954 Farmall 200 (similar to a Super C) that I am very fond of. I was mostly just wondering what everyone else thought of, when they thought of "Old Timers". /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Best pre-1970 tractor. #15  
I'll take a Case 211B/311B utility with wide front, triple range transmission, and live PTO. Oh yes.

Bill in CO