Best smoke tube

/ Best smoke tube #1  

nickel plate

Veteran Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC40S
The "A-MAZE-N" adjustable two to four hour smoke tube made out of food grade stainless steel. Bought it at Lowe's a couple of years ago item# 1422136, $24.98, still available.
Fill it with any of the fruit wood pellets, my blend is 75% apple and 25% cherry when I smoke cheese. Light the open end with a propane torch, let it burn for 10/15 minutes then blow it out and place it in practically any BBQ that has a lid, in my case a Weber kettle. The amount of smoke it produces is incredible!

Attachments

• IMG_3847.JPG
    IMG_3847.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4082.JPG
    IMG_4082.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Amazen_Smoking_Tube.jpg
    Amazen_Smoking_Tube.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 59
   / Best smoke tube #2  
I use a similar one made by Napolean in my electric smoker for added smoke on a more consistent basis than my little electric smoker allows for. Mine about 2X as long as yours though at 16".
For $25 well worth it imho.
they also make trays, mazes, etc... that do same thing but like you the tube seems ideal. Takes up almost no space.
I give the end a small squirt of fire starter, light, let burn for about a minute and just chuck it in.
Pretty idiot proof on my end.
I use bagged chips from Walmart. Not great quality but cheap and always available where I am.

/ Best smoke tube
MLF, thanks for your post. They are a great tool for producing smoke.
My smoke tube can expand from 7" (2-hour smoke) to 12" (4-hour smoke) or anywhere in between.
It's oval in shape so it won't roll out of place and eliminates misalignment of the smoke holes when resizing.