Snow best snow plow for bx2200?

/ best snow plow for bx2200? #1  

specialrider

Im shopping for a blade to plow snow. I've seen blades that clamp onto the front loader bucket that appear very easy to use. My concern is that it might make the tractor a bit front heavy and cause it to lose some traction.

Can anyone suggest if that would be an issue using a clamp on front blade, or would I be better off getting an blade for the back?

Thanks.

/ best snow plow for bx2200? #2  
What part of the country are you? How much snow do you get? paved, or gravel? length?

you will then get the snow plow verse snow blower arguemnet and thats a whole other conversation...

You have the option of a frame mount vs a FEL mount. I have a B series so I don't know if they make a FEL mount for the BX..or make your own...

I like the FEL mount because it allows you to stack your snow...meaning I can raise the plow blade and push the snow up into tall piles....You can't do that with a frame mount....requiring you to swap back to yuor loader...

As for the weight...All depends on how much snow you are mounting, Load your rear tires with liquid ballast.....(my recommendation) , 3 pt weight box, or wheel weights... Loading the tires allows you to always have the counter weight with you and thus allows large loads with your FEL, and keeps the 3 pt free for other implements.

There are alot of factors here...depends on your uses YEAR ROUND, to make the best decision... Good luck

/ best snow plow for bx2200? #3  
I would prefer the front bucket mount. You could push snow up higher and just take the blade off for loader work. Then just put weight on the back or better yet a blower!:D (Sorry we are good at spending other peoples money here.) In FWD you shouldn't notice any traction loss do to the blade unless it was 7.5 or 8Ft wide! Just my 2 cents.

/ best snow plow for bx2200?
Im in Northern Va. and have a gravel driveway that is maybe 1000ft. total.

Coincidentally this idea came to me after digging out of my first huge storm (2 feet of snow) since I've owned this tractor. I opted to just use the bucket for now just to see how it would work. Luckily my neighbor has a tractor with a blade on the rear and he was able to plow our common driveway 300ft plus all the way back to my barn and up to my own driveway (another 1000ft). His blade worked nice. My bucket only approach worked well but way inefficient in comparison. I never thought I would have tractor blade envy.

/ best snow plow for bx2200? #5  
My BX2660 with FEL and rear blade worked fine with 24" of snow. It did take a long time since I had to repeatedly travel the same area, taking a little off at a time. I found the rear blade worked best when pushing rearward and the blade angled to one side or the other.
A plow attachment on the FEL would have helped.
Even with no wheel weights on the R4s, I rarely spun the tires. (rarely does mean there was some spinning; I kept the shovel nearby). Will probably get rear chains for next time.