Posthole Digger Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD?

/ Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD? #1  

MailManX

Tractor
2021 Kioti CK3510SE HST
I want a post hole digger for 3-point attachment on a Compact Tractor. It’s a Kioti CK3510, 35hp. I need to run a 12” auger with 48” length.

As much as I always want the best, I am frugal and have to shop for the best “value”. This is my first tractor and will be my first PHD, so I know nothing about them. I see them at Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, Rural King, Amazon, etc. They range from big names to generic “all-Chinese” units. I don’t want the cheapest, just the best combination of price and quality for a compact tractor. I ask for your feedback based on this.

I would prefer not to spend more than $1,200 including shipping. I can’t pick it up because I don’t have a truck or trailer.

THANKS!

/ Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD? #2  
slightly smaller tractor than you (but I only bought the 2610 to avoid tier4 ...) most of my implements are brand names, but for the PHD I did go tractor-supply / country line https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-3-point-post-hole-digger-602377

I've been happy with it. My soil is easy**, but it's a simple machine, with a simple gearbox. And I _do not_ use it heavily. If I was doing hundreds of posts, i would buy something better.

**I did break the welds on my first unit ... but I was abusing it (My backhoe was held up in shipment and I _had_ to get several holes down through 6-inch road underlayment before snow .... zero other options other than trying to hire it out. To the machine's credit, it did bounce and churn through all three 3-4' holes I needed (it would have failed on the fourth given the weld cracks, but three was all I needed).

/ Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD? #3  
From the local store of a Canada wide auto, farm, hardware supply store I bought a Speeco brand phd (#70 ??) I got it on catalog sale flyer discount.. This is the first new phd I've had, the other one being a very well used and neglected one.. Also a Speeco brand (#65 ??) With some TLC it cleaned up, tightened up and worked well...

For the little use most phd get, a discount model seems a good buy to me... I do use a 12" auger on ours more than most people do. This making holes to plant berry bushes and fruit trees that are native to our zone 2 growing conditions.. I run the phd on a 32hp tractor with 25hp at the pto.. This with no problems as our dirt is easy digging..

/ Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD? #4  
I want a post hole digger for 3-point attachment on a Compact Tractor. It’s a Kioti CK3510, 35hp. I need to run a 12” auger with 48” length.

As much as I always want the best, I am frugal and have to shop for the best “value”. This is my first tractor and will be my first PHD, so I know nothing about them. I see them at Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, Rural King, Amazon, etc. They range from big names to generic “all-Chinese” units. I don’t want the cheapest, just the best combination of price and quality for a compact tractor. I ask for your feedback based on this.

I would prefer not to spend more than $1,200 including shipping. I can’t pick it up because I don’t have a truck or trailer.

THANKS!

where are you located MailmanX?

/ Best Value Compact 35hp 3-Pt PHD?
slightly smaller tractor than you (but I only bought the 2610 to avoid tier4 ...) most of my implements are brand names, but for the PHD I did go tractor-supply / country line https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-3-point-post-hole-digger-602377

I've been happy with it. My soil is easy**, but it's a simple machine, with a simple gearbox. And I _do not_ use it heavily. If I was doing hundreds of posts, i would buy something better.

**I did break the welds on my first unit ... but I was abusing it (My backhoe was held up in shipment and I _had_ to get several holes down through 6-inch road underlayment before snow .... zero other options other than trying to hire it out. To the machine's credit, it did bounce and churn through all three 3-4' holes I needed (it would have failed on the fourth given the weld cracks, but three was all I needed).
Thank you for your response!

I wanted the 2610 as well, but I was buying a year into Covid and I could not find any 2610’s near me. The supply chain was shot to hell and nearby dealers said there were no 2610’s in the pipeline. Oh well. I am happy with my 3510.

From the local store of a Canada wide auto, farm, hardware supply store I bought a Speeco brand phd (#70 ??) I got it on catalog sale flyer discount.. This is the first new phd I've had, the other one being a very well used and neglected one.. Also a Speeco brand (#65 ??) With some TLC it cleaned up, tightened up and worked well...

For the little use most phd get, a discount model seems a good buy to me... I do use a 12" auger on ours more than most people do. This making holes to plant berry bushes and fruit trees that are native to our zone 2 growing conditions.. I run the phd on a 32hp tractor with 25hp at the pto.. This with no problems as our dirt is easy digging..
That is great feedback! Thank you!