Comparison Best Value Tractor

/ Best Value Tractor #11  
What would be a good asking price for a 4wd farm pro 2425 in vgc with low hours?

image-2211619613.jpg

/ Best Value Tractor #12  
Garycw it depends on where you are selling it, what options, year and hours. Time of year also can have an effect on price, as who wants to store a yard tractor all winter when they dont have much use for it.

I have a 2002 JM284 (650hrs) w FEL; Backhoe, box blade, finish mower, rotary mower, tiller, plow, straight blade, landscape rake and forks. The Dump Wagon was built with it in mind as well. Not that I would want to sell it but my input costs probably 15K or so while selling it as package deal would maybe net 2/3rds that value this time of year.

mark in Ohio

/ Best Value Tractor #13  
Thanks Mark.
This is in SE KY. It has 226 hrs and starts real easy. I was thinking maybe in the $4000 range???

image-2544329838.jpg

/ Best Value Tractor #14  
No there is no Consumer Reports for tractors.

However, there are over 4,000,000 threads in the TBN archive which you can access. You have found the Chinese Tractor forum, lots of info there.

It seems to me from years of reading T-B-N that people in the US who buy Chinese tractors end up frustrated, in tears and with a tractor that does not move. Manuals in Pidgin English and no parts. No mechanic wants anything to do with them.

In parts of New Mexico there is the added complication of high altitudes. As you know, high altitudes can easily be compensated for with governor and timing adjustments. This is true with all diesel engines.

In Australia, much closer to China and a major trade partner with China, Chinese tractors seem to have a small base and SOME BRANDS seem satisfactory.

INTERESTING LINK: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...defunct-tractor-manufacturers.html?highlight=
Interesting observation from one who does not apparently own a Chinese tractor. The obvious discrimination should not be discounted. Unfortunately, not many of the thousands of Chinese tractor owners post accounts of their appreciation, only the complaints and need for help seem to get the most attention. There is also the demographic to consider; Most Chinese tractor buyers are first time, very cost conscious, and inexperienced. This is where some problems occur right from the start.

/ Best Value Tractor #15  
I've not had any problems getting the few parts I've ordered. There's at least a couple good resources for parts. Only had to replace a clutch safety switch & radiator hose. It starts, goes and everything works as it should. I've worked it pretty hard a few times too

/ Best Value Tractor #16  
Thanks Mark.
This is in SE KY. It has 226 hrs and starts real easy. I was thinking maybe in the $4000 range???

View attachment 443678

Looks pretty good in the pics, but I cant comment too much on the SE KY area for prices, in my area 1500~2500 for 8/9Ns in semi restored shape. The JM254/284 have only seen a couple sold in last 4 or 5 years & one had been damaged in fire so it was scrap prices. The other one was similar to mine with a 6500 price w FEL and several implements & option on utility trailer for it.

m