Best way to cut rebar

/ Best way to cut rebar #2  
You can probably rent a shear (rod buster) from a rental store or local contrator...

or a recipricating saw with a good (quality) blade...you only need to cut it about 5/8 through and then break them...

I think a metal cutting blade for a circular saw is faster/easier than using a grinder...

/ Best way to cut rebar #3  
the pros use a abrasive cut off saw ether electric or air, and gas powered

a hack saw will wear both the blades and you out, i would try the grinder and wear safety gear could get pinched and cause a shattered disk. a saws-all might work but this to would also wear out blades fast.

/ Best way to cut rebar #4  
If the rebar is to be used for rebar in cement, then the end conditions don't really matter. Score it with a large hammer and cold chisel and then bend it until it breaks. Next fastest way is to use a cutting torch. After that, a metal cutting wheel in a table or Skil saw is pretty fast and gives you a good clean cut. Battery powered Tiger saws (or jig saws with a metal cutting blade) are good, too. It just depends on how fast, how clean, and what tools you already have. If you have a torch or other type of hand saw, cutting several pieces at once is most efficient.

For that matter, a log splitter with a wedge with a 1/2" hole in it and a stationary plate with a 1/2" hole makes a great shears for such soft steel rod.

The angle grinder used to nick the rod and then using multiple bends by hand is easy but tedious.

/ Best way to cut rebar #5  
I own a cutter/bender, but have recently found that a steel cutting abrasive blade in a skil saw or similar is faster, easier, and doesn't jounce my old body when the steel finally gives.

For small amounts of cutting #4 bar and up this is the way to go.

#3 I would still cut with the cutter/bender.

/ Best way to cut rebar #6  
Between your two choices, I would go with the angle grinder. You do not have to cut all the way through just over half would do it and then bend it. I've used several methods. The best is a demo saw such as a Stihl brand. Most guys have a metal chop saw in their shop such a 14" Makita which would make the cuts nice and clean. Good luck.:thumbsup:

/ Best way to cut rebar #7  
i love my new horzontal bandsaw....

the nice thing about it is you can stack material. so a stack of say 8 pieces of rebar can be cut all at once while your off doing something else in the shop.

/ Best way to cut rebar #8  
A cut off wheel for the angle grinder is another option.

Ken

/ Best way to cut rebar #10  
I would use the grinder..easier and quicker,not unless you have friend w/chop saw.